Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for those who have done C25K (or any workout "experts")

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

So, I am doing C25K and have been keep up with it fine. This morning I was supposed to do Week 2, Day 2 and accidentally did Week 3, Day 1. I have the app on my phone and was looking ahead and forgot to put it back to where I was....

Anyway, my question is this.... Should I go back and complete Week 2 (day 2 & 3) or should I just continue from where I am now and skip those days completely? The goods news is that today's workout didn't kill me! :-)

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
browncoat
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:33 AM
I'd go Back to where you were. The premise is stepping up slowly, so why not take the time?
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:35 AM

If you did week 3 day 1 fine, and was holding up ok, I don't see the need to go back. 

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Thanks and I do understand stepping up slowly, but since I have already stepped up to the next level and handled it ok, does it really make sense to go backwards? 

Quoting browncoat: I'd go Back to where you were. The premise is stepping up slowly, so why not take the time?

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Thanks!That is kind of what I was thinking...

Today was tough, but it didn't kill me so it seems silly to go backward and then come back to this point, but I am not sure.... This is all fairly new to me.  

Quoting Djinn83:

If you did week 3 day 1 fine, and was holding up ok, I don't see the need to go back. 

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM

I wouldn't recommend start skipping days on purpose, but the whole point is to gradually increase your endurance. The first few weeks are pretty gradual, so if did it, and didn't feel overworked or burnt out, stick with week three. 

Pretty soon the jumps will get bigger and you will likely fail a day, or have to repeat a week. Don't worry, it happens to most. Just keep chugging along.

Quoting sarah824:

Today was tough, but it didn't kill me so it seems silly to go backward and then come back to this point, but I am not sure.... This is all fairly new to me.  

Quoting Djinn83:

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Oh, I would never skip on purpose. I didn't even realize I skipped ahead today until I was almost 10 minutes into the workout and I didn't feel like stopping and go back to Week 2, Day 2. Does that make sense?

Also, why are you indicating that I will fail a day or have to repeat a week. Just because I skipped a couple of days by mistake? I know many people who have completed this program without any failures involved.   

Quoting Djinn83:

I wouldn't recommend start skipping days on purpose, but the whole point is to gradually increase your endurance. The first few weeks are pretty gradual, so if did it, and didn't feel overworked or burnt out, stick with week three. 

Pretty soon the jumps will get bigger and you will likely fail a day, or have to repeat a week. Don't worry, it happens to most. Just keep chugging along.

Quoting sarah824:

Quoting Djinn83:

browncoat
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:55 AM
It ramps up faster later in the program, so it's good to get more conditioned before that.

Quoting sarah824:

Thanks and I do understand stepping up slowly, but since I have already stepped up to the next level and handled it ok, does it really make sense to go backwards? 

Quoting browncoat: I'd go Back to where you were. The premise is stepping up slowly, so why not take the time?

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:56 AM

No. I said that because most people fail the jump from 10 to 25. I was saying if that happens, don't get discouraged. 

Quoting sarah824:

Oh, I would never skip on purpose. I didn't even realize I skipped ahead today until I was almost 10 minutes into the workout and I didn't feel like stopping and go back to Week 2, Day 2. Does that make sense?

Also, why are you indicating that I will fail a day or have to repeat a week. Just because I skipped a couple of days by mistake? I know many people who have completed this program without any failures involved.   

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting sarah824:

Quoting Djinn83:

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Ok, that makes more sense. :-) I just don't want to set myself up for failure by missing a couple of days. I have started this program 2 other times and gave up after the 2nd week because I wasn't motivated. This time I am motivated and will NOT let myself quit or fail. Thanks again for the advice.

Quoting Djinn83:

No. I said that because most people fail the jump from 10 to 25. I was saying if that happens, don't get discouraged. 

Quoting sarah824:

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting sarah824:

Quoting Djinn83:

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:02 PM

I see what you are saying. Thanks for the advice! :-) 

Quoting browncoat: It ramps up faster later in the program, so it's good to get more conditioned before that.
Quoting sarah824:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)