Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your motivation?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:59 PM
  • 8 Replies
Lately my motivation has been summer. One thing I never want to do with my boyfriend is go to the beach because I'm scared shitless to stand next to other girls who look good in bikinis. I would just pout the whole time & think to myself "I don't belong here" while wondering if he was checking out the other girls or if he wished I looked like that. And I know he doesn't but my insecurities would be screaming at me so loud there's no way I would be able to enjoy myself. I want to be proud of a body that I worked for! I don't want to be so ashamed of myself I can't live my life! What motivates you?
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
offrdngal
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Heart disease. It runs on both sides of my family.
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohmygosh - that's so sad. But great motivation. Be a gorgeous bad ass. You can go to the beach with me. ;-).

My motivation is that working out seems to keep my depression at bay. I don't want to be a sad miserable mom. So I push myself to be good and happy for my family. And, the hard work has given me a newfound respect for myself, confidence and energy. I feel sexy. I feel strong. I'm happy. Great things for a woman to be. ;-)
michiganmom116
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:37 PM

My health.  I'm diabetic and I want to have control of my blood sugars without a ton of meds, and I want to avoid complications that usually accompany diabetes.  I want to have energy to enjoy my grandkids. 

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:26 PM

I signed up for a Spartan Sprint.  Talk about motivation!  Watch the women's elite division take on the course.  I'm practically shaking thinking about those obstacles!

*joins crossfit again*

yup.  motivation!

TurboMom81
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll be honest, mine is to look good. I want to be one of the thin pretty moms.
MzKhan86
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 2:16 PM
Honestly I want to look good for a woman with 3 kids 6 and under. I also want to be healthier and stronger. I want when I look in the mirror I can say damn you look good. Nothing like self perseverance. I love that I look good and I love that I look good and I have 3 kids but most of all I love the fact that I did it and I did it on my own. So part of it is looking good and part of it is to be healthier for my kids.
ChoosingMe
by ChoosingMe on Jan. 15, 2015 at 7:30 PM
My trip to Miami is my motivation to lose this weight.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 16, 2015 at 5:11 AM

My son motivates me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)