Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fitbit or Jawbone?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:18 PM
  • 11 Replies
Trying to decide between a Fitbit Flex or a Jawbone Up24. Looking for experience with either one or just opinions.
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseWall
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:02 PM
a bump for you
:-)
RoseWall
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:03 PM
:-)
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I love my fitbit and am thinking of getting the one with the heart rate in it.  I like it because others i know have it and we challenge each other. 

Proud-mama-05
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Ok, someone I know who has the jawbone says it doesn't register your steps when pushing a stroller or grocery cart so she wears it on her ankle during the day (I couldn't do that it wouldn't fit lol). Does your Fitbit register when walking and pushing a shopping cart (or stroller)?

Quoting M4LG5:

I love my fitbit and am thinking of getting the one with the heart rate in it.  I like it because others i know have it and we challenge each other. 

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Honestly, i'm not sure.  You are going to get limited "steps" if you have something around your wrist and you are not moving your wrist but if there is usually some sort of movement, it does catch it. 

Quoting Proud-mama-05: Ok, someone I know who has the jawbone says it doesn't register your steps when pushing a stroller or grocery cart so she wears it on her ankle during the day (I couldn't do that it wouldn't fit lol). Does your Fitbit register when walking and pushing a shopping cart (or stroller)?
Quoting M4LG5:

buffalove23
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I had the up24 and returned it for the Fitbit. However I only returned it because it would get caught on my students clothes at work (I'm a PT). I used the Fitbit for about a month but I didn't like the app. I felt it was less accurate as well.

I will be purchasing the new up when it comes out soon. The app is much better in my opinion
momto1ryen
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:30 PM
Dh got me the fitbit charge for Xmas and I love it. Only complaint I have is while its app is compatible with android phones, its not all android phone. Mine of course isn't one of them. Dhs is so I sync it with his, but he travels so I can only sync every 5 days which is fine but I can only see my sleep pattern on the app. I also love how long it stays charged.
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 5:04 AM
I have the fit bit and love it!
Mystres
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:38 AM

I have a Fitbit.  I got it because it seamed most people I knew had this one already and gave good reviews about it.  

I really like it, and the fact my friends have it, so we can compare progress and join challenges together with it. 

kidkrazyinAK
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I stuff my Fitbit in my pocket when pushing a grocery cart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)