Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snacks??

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:17 PM
  • 21 Replies
I need a few healthy snack ideas... What are your favorites that won't ruin a whole day of being healthy? I generally eat boiled eggs or a spoon of peanut butter to get a little boost. What do you guys like?
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM

I eat almonds. Raw almonds.... I buy them at Costco in a 3 pound bag and they are a great snack.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:31 PM

fresh fruit:  berries, pears, apples are my faves

dairy-free smoothie

nuts (limit to one handful)

2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese

dill pickles

glass of veggie juice

boiled eggs

stcy79
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:42 PM
Well, I crave salty and sweet so for salty I pop my own popcorn and sweet is usually something like raisins,bananas, apples or Apple with peanut butter, but when i do that I have to much peanut butter. Is just so yummy!

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Apples with PB..mmmmm

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Jesca514
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:45 AM
These all sound great. My big issue is I can't keep fruit in my house... My kids devour fruit before the end of the day... No matter how much I bring home. Lol.

I will definitely be making a list with some of these ideas though.
SaintJudes
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Just kindly asking, why not let them devour them then? Expensive huh. Is that why?

Quoting Jesca514: These all sound great. My big issue is I can't keep fruit in my house... My kids devour fruit before the end of the day... No matter how much I bring home. Lol. I will definitely be making a list with some of these ideas though.

SaintJudes
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Im thinking of my lunch pale at work...its fruit such as banana or those peach lunchables, hard boiled egss, string cheese, avocados, and yogurt. Those are all snacks I pack and eat some/most of them by the end of the day.

Jesca514
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 11:40 AM
I do. I just mean that that is why I rarely have them left for my own snacking. I grocery shop every two weeks, and usually make a quick fresh food run in between. I just mean that the fruit is usual gone the same day it enters the house.

Quoting SaintJudes:

Just kindly asking, why not let them devour them then? Expensive huh. Is that why?

Quoting Jesca514: These all sound great. My big issue is I can't keep fruit in my house... My kids devour fruit before the end of the day... No matter how much I bring home. Lol.

I will definitely be making a list with some of these ideas though.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I like to snack on green peppers. Most of the time they satistfy the sweet tooth craving tooo

Janet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2015 at 8:36 AM

I was eating those everyday. I love them. Can you believe I became allergic to them! Broke out in a rash everywhere. We couldn't figure out what was causing it. I ran out of them for a few days. When I went to eat them again look out! I hate that they helped me through my weight loss!

Quoting sarah824:

I eat almonds. Raw almonds.... I buy them at Costco in a 3 pound bag and they are a great snack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)