Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blah

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

I didn't do my work out yesterday. I had planned on doubling up today but I just dont feel it. I know I need to force myself to work out, even just for 5 or 10 minutes or else this mood will last, but its so hard. 

I've been on such a good kick lately... but its driving me bonkers that my scale isnt moving even when I bust my ass. 

However, in the last 2 weeks, I lost an inch on my waist and 2 inches on my hips, so I should be happy, right? 

Well, I need to get my butt into gear. I have goals. I want to be as close to 200 as possible by the time opening day gets here for six flags. My short term goal is to lose 5 pounds by Valentines Day. Not too horrible of a goal, but with the way my scale has been going, it seems almost impossible. 

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 1, 2015 at 6:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you are doing great mama!!!!  Keep it up and stay away from the scale...it can be very deceiving!

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 6:19 AM

You are doing well You made progress and you should be proud of that. As for not wanting to work out, I think we all go through that! I push play and push push push - if the feeling lasts throughout the week, I take the next week off! Then I cannot wait to get back to working out and pushing myself again - I am starting back today and I am so excited!

What kind of work out are you doing?
Are you drinking a lot of water? 

LisaRoyNKaden
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 2:39 PM

I joined the dailyburn.com 

I have a different work out each day. Dont get me wrong, I love them... I really do... but I have just been in BLAH mode...  although today I am starting to get it back. 

I am drinking a TON of water. I almost want to take a pregnancy test with how much I am peeing, LOL.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

You are doing well You made progress and you should be proud of that. As for not wanting to work out, I think we all go through that! I push play and push push push - if the feeling lasts throughout the week, I take the next week off! Then I cannot wait to get back to working out and pushing myself again - I am starting back today and I am so excited!

What kind of work out are you doing? Are you drinking a lot of water? 

Molimomma
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 3:19 PM

I get the frustration. I had the same problem last week. 2 weeks of watching what I eat and exercising more and the scale didn't move but a pound(which was probably water weight). BUT I noticed the workout that kicked my butt 2 weeks ago isn't so bad anymore, my jeans fit better, and the belt I have to wear for wii zumba was too loose! I found the best thing for me is something quick and easy so Zumba on the Wii works perfectly. A short class is only 20 minutes and seriously I can power through 20 minutes right?! If I REALLY feel terrible I do yoga instead. It's not intense like Zumba, it relaxes me and helps with my headaches, fantastic when I'm stressed and it takes the same amount of time as the Zumba so I'm forcing myself to keep making the time in my day to do something! I'm determined. Last year I made progress than slid right back to where I started 😰this year I am adamant that I'm going to make this a habit and stop with the excuses. One month in im good but I did great last year until the fall so I'm trying to stay focused. We have a family cruise coming up in November so I'm really motivated to succeed. Fingers crossed!

find something quick that you somewhat enjoy that you can force yourself to do when you have to and enjoying doing when you want to. And know that some days you may hate every minute but it's one step closer to your goal. I kick myself MORE for not doing a workout than muddling through. Keep trying!

LisaRoyNKaden
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE zumba.. Even have it for the wii. However, there is no room. But I think I will atleast do a dance work out. 

Thanks! : )

Quoting Molimomma:

I get the frustration. I had the same problem last week. 2 weeks of watching what I eat and exercising more and the scale didn't move but a pound(which was probably water weight). BUT I noticed the workout that kicked my butt 2 weeks ago isn't so bad anymore, my jeans fit better, and the belt I have to wear for wii zumba was too loose! I found the best thing for me is something quick and easy so Zumba on the Wii works perfectly. A short class is only 20 minutes and seriously I can power through 20 minutes right?! If I REALLY feel terrible I do yoga instead. It's not intense like Zumba, it relaxes me and helps with my headaches, fantastic when I'm stressed and it takes the same amount of time as the Zumba so I'm forcing myself to keep making the time in my day to do something! I'm determined. Last year I made progress than slid right back to where I started 😰this year I am adamant that I'm going to make this a habit and stop with the excuses. One month in im good but I did great last year until the fall so I'm trying to stay focused. We have a family cruise coming up in November so I'm really motivated to succeed. Fingers crossed!

find something quick that you somewhat enjoy that you can force yourself to do when you have to and enjoying doing when you want to. And know that some days you may hate every minute but it's one step closer to your goal. I kick myself MORE for not doing a workout than muddling through. Keep trying!

LisaRoyNKaden
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 4:16 PM

It really can be. Thank you so much.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Sounds like you are doing great mama!!!!  Keep it up and stay away from the scale...it can be very deceiving!

Molimomma
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 7:38 PM

I used to have the same problem then I got my DH to move the wii to our bedroom TV so I don't have to move furniture to do it anymore(we happen to be lucky to have a huge master bedroom in this house). I love Zumba fitness 2, it's quick, fun, and even when I don't want to do it I can just count down songs and get it done(only 4 more...2more...last 1!)

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

I LOVE zumba.. Even have it for the wii. However, there is no room. But I think I will atleast do a dance work out. 

Thanks! : )

Quoting Molimomma:

mommy2smommy2
by Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM

I have the hardest time keeping myself accountable. I have to do groups...lol I just cant make myself do the other

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)