Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shakeology/Beachbody???

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:06 PM
  • 24 Replies
There are several 20-something's in my area who have had great success with Shakeology & Beachbody.

They've completely revamped their lifestyles. Better food, exercise, support groups & shakeology.

Any insight on this product?

I'm thinking they probably would have had the same success with better food, exercise & support groups.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:07 PM
I use it and love it. Shakeology is not a weightloss shake.
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM

I have a friend who is a Coach for Beachbody.  She loves Shakeology.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Quoting lillybug222:  I'm thinking they probably would have had the same success with better food, exercise & support groups.

I agree.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:07 PM
It's incredibly expensive. You could make your own shakes, with the same or better nutritional content, for a fraction of the cost.
almburr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:33 PM
I love Body Beast.
lapcounter
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:33 PM
I use Advocare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting lillybug222:  I'm thinking they probably would have had the same success with better food, exercise & support groups.

I agree.

Me too. I would say that for most of the products and programs that are similar to this though. I believe similar results can be achieved without the expensive products if you are willing to put some effort into it.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:44 PM
I used to be a Beachbody coach/Shakeology user. Unless you have a downline, it's expensive. I have a girlfriend who recently tried it and found the same thing - it's expensive, if you don't implement it, it won't work.

I do like some of the workout programs. With that said, I have found that cleaning up my diet, being more active, and drinking more water (which is essentially what Beachbody tells you to do) has been a lot more beneficial to me than Beachbody was.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:48 PM

I was a coach for BB years ago....I never used Shakeology and refused to do so as I don't like processed shakes. 

The workouts on the other hand, only work if you do the work. They are fantastic programs. I've done many of them and really enjoy them. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:40 PM

This. 

Supplement lines are there to make money, period. Just look up the qualifications needed to be a beachbody coach, absolutely nothing. No qualified personal trainer or nutritionist (as in people with actual knowledge) would be caught dead selling that crap.

save yourself some money and get a good multivitamin. Incorporate more protein into your diet. if you can't, look for a decent protein shake that doesn't cost so much. Then exercise, eat right, get some friends who want to do the same. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)