Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shredz fat burner?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:26 PM
  • 15 Replies
Have any of you used this in conjunction with your workout?
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColoradoMom86
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Bump
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:51 PM
There is no need for a fat burner. It's honestly a mixture of caffeine and other chemicals. Your body can burn the fat by zoning in on you diet and lifting heavy.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 28, 2015 at 7:46 AM

I agree with Ada.  You don't need that stuff.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 28, 2015 at 9:35 AM

No, why would I waste my money? If I want a caffeine boost I can drink coffee. 

ColoradoMom86
by on Feb. 28, 2015 at 12:18 PM
It doesn't just have caffeine in it and my workout and diet have not produced any results.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 28, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Those products are nothing but a large dose of caffiene with some water soluable vitamins thrown in for good measure. You might as well just take a 5 Hour Energy Shot and a dose of Emergen-C. Its the same thing. If your diet isn't producing any results, then you aren't eating correctly and its time to try something else. 

Quoting ColoradoMom86: It doesn't just have caffeine in it and my workout and diet have not produced any results.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Quoting ColoradoMom86: It doesn't just have caffeine in it and my workout and diet have not produced any results.

When did you start your diet and workout regimine?  How long have you been working at losing weight?  What exactly does you diet consist of?  Have you had your BMR calculated?  Are you drinking half your body weight in ounces of water?

If your answers are longer than a month, clean eating with plenty of proteins and fruits and veg, yes and eating between your BMR and your TDEE, and yes you are drinking plenty of water then maybe it's time to try something else.  But so many people want to see such immediate results that they get discouraged too fast and want the fast fix of one of these fat burner things.  They do not work.  The companies feed off the fears and hopes and desperation of their clients.  Please don't waste your money.  You can do this the healthy way.

ColoradoMom86
by on Feb. 28, 2015 at 6:06 PM
I'm in the Army so I exercise 5 days a week. I have to. But back in October I had an injury in my leg and could not run. Then I took about a month and a half worth of leave for Christmas, Thanksgiving and a funeral. So I gained about 10lbs. I had DS #2 a year ago but I was back in my old clothes by last fall. Between taking leave and not running though (oh and I had a pregnancy that we found out about in November but I miscarried early in January) I just packed on weight. I've been back in the gym regularly for a month at least. I do at least 30 minutes of cardio and them strength training. I am following one of Jamie Eason's plans off of bodybuilding.com. For breakfast on the weekdays I drink a Carnation breakfast drink. For lunch I have a salad with either fried or roasted chicken. I do eat regular dressing because fat free stuff is gross to me. I either drink a diet soda or green tea with honey. My workout I'd from 4-5:30. For dinner we have a lean meat, either baked chicken or fish with two vegetables. We rotate through broccoli, kale, asparagus, baked sweet potatoes, carrots, and boiled red potatoes. Sometimes we will have a pasta dish with baked chicken and usually one night a week we will get takeout. I probably do not drink enough water but I go through 2 or 3 water bottles a day. I typically drink one diet soda a day, with lunch, and one diet ocean spray juice with dinner. Using fitness pal I average 1500/cal a day, walk around 3000-5000 steps a day and burn anywhere from 250-300 calories on the cardio machines. I have started gradually running again but when I couldn't I was doing the bike, elliptical, or rower.
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Good cardio with lower extremity injuries is boxing/striking. 

Fat burners work short term, with negative losses after you stop taking it. You are far better off not taking them.

jamie eason's program is great. But all cardio should be done AFTER lifting/strength training. I'm assuming that you have a PT profile for your injury. See if you can do your PT at the post gym in the mornings.

Dont trust the calorie burns on the machines. They aren't accurate.

i cannot comment on your calorie intake without knowing your weight, height and age. 

Quoting ColoradoMom86: I'm in the Army so I exercise 5 days a week. I have to. But back in October I had an injury in my leg and could not run. Then I took about a month and a half worth of leave for Christmas, Thanksgiving and a funeral. So I gained about 10lbs. I had DS #2 a year ago but I was back in my old clothes by last fall. Between taking leave and not running though (oh and I had a pregnancy that we found out about in November but I miscarried early in January) I just packed on weight. I've been back in the gym regularly for a month at least. I do at least 30 minutes of cardio and them strength training. I am following one of Jamie Eason's plans off of bodybuilding.com. For breakfast on the weekdays I drink a Carnation breakfast drink. For lunch I have a salad with either fried or roasted chicken. I do eat regular dressing because fat free stuff is gross to me. I either drink a diet soda or green tea with honey. My workout I'd from 4-5:30. For dinner we have a lean meat, either baked chicken or fish with two vegetables. We rotate through broccoli, kale, asparagus, baked sweet potatoes, carrots, and boiled red potatoes. Sometimes we will have a pasta dish with baked chicken and usually one night a week we will get takeout. I probably do not drink enough water but I go through 2 or 3 water bottles a day. I typically drink one diet soda a day, with lunch, and one diet ocean spray juice with dinner. Using fitness pal I average 1500/cal a day, walk around 3000-5000 steps a day and burn anywhere from 250-300 calories on the cardio machines. I have started gradually running again but when I couldn't I was doing the bike, elliptical, or rower.

ColoradoMom86
by on Mar. 1, 2015 at 11:41 AM
I'm 5'3", 150 and 28. Also I am officially off profile now, so getting back into running.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)