Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kirstina's journey to health.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM
  • 21 Replies
I'm 27yrs old. I'm been married for 9 years. I have 4 children. Turtle is 8, Dominga is 6, Monica is 3 and Lucinda is 10 months. I currently weight 290lbs down 2lbs in 5days. My goal weight is 150lbs. I don't desire to be tiny or a size one. I have battled with my weight my entire life. I can't remember the last time I was under 200. I am using fitness pal to track my calories and going to gym to exercise. I started tracking my calories last Thursday. Also I'm currently breastfeeding Lucinda. She doesn't do much table food. I'm an emotional eaten and a bored eaten. Today I can't go to the gym because Lucinda is sick. So I'm going to get Monica to dance with Xbox.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krudell
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You're on the right track!! :) Keep doing what your doing. If you need some help or advice or questions or just someone to help keep you motivated and encourage you, feel free to email me at kayceelou.coach@gmail.com

iamnameless
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:31 AM
Thank you.

Quoting krudell:

You're on the right track!! :) Keep doing what your doing. If you need some help or advice or questions or just someone to help keep you motivated and encourage you, feel free to email me at kayceelou.coach@gmail.com

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:36 AM

I've been married for 11 years and have 3 kids ages 10,8, and 6.  You have quite a handfull!  I'm an emotional eater, too!  It's tough, but you can keep a journal and start to recognize the patterns.  Yesterday, I walked away from the chocolate when the snow started (AGAIN!!)  

You should be proud of yourself taking these steps!  :-)

iamnameless
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 9:02 AM
Couldn't find the dance game for the Xbox so we did yoga and zumba following YouTube videos. I'm extremely uncoordinated and have no rhythm if anyone had been there they would have recorded it and sent it to Americas funniest videos but that's OK because I was moving. I weighed myself today 189.
iamnameless
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM
That's the reason I started this so if I have a bad day I can vent to all of you. Its been an extremely stressful week. I've tried to use my anger and to fuel while exercising. It actually worked very well Monday and Tuesday. I was have really bad days and used that to push harder. But I am sad because I won't be able to go to the gym today unless my husband watches the kids not likely.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I've been married for 11 years and have 3 kids ages 10,8, and 6.  You have quite a handfull!  I'm an emotional eater, too!  It's tough, but you can keep a journal and start to recognize the patterns.  Yesterday, I walked away from the chocolate when the snow started (AGAIN!!)  

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Maybe you could do a youtube exercise video in lieu of the gym?  This site is a great motivator for me.  People post about their workouts and it makes me feel like I should get up and move.  

Quoting iamnameless: That's the reason I started this so if I have a bad day I can vent to all of you. Its been an extremely stressful week. I've tried to use my anger and to fuel while exercising. It actually worked very well Monday and Tuesday. I was have really bad days and used that to push harder. But I am sad because I won't be able to go to the gym today unless my husband watches the kids not likely.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

iamnameless
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I did yesterday and plan to do today.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Maybe you could do a youtube exercise video in lieu of the gym?  This site is a great motivator for me.  People post about their workouts and it makes me feel like I should get up and move.  

Quoting iamnameless: That's the reason I started this so if I have a bad day I can vent to all of you. Its been an extremely stressful week. I've tried to use my anger and to fuel while exercising. It actually worked very well Monday and Tuesday. I was have really bad days and used that to push harder. But I am sad because I won't be able to go to the gym today unless my husband watches the kids not likely.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

iamnameless
by on Mar. 6, 2015 at 6:45 PM
I'm feeling exhausted today. Maybe I think I got enough sleep last night but little girls were up a couple of times each. My son is sick so I didn't get to go to the y again todayπŸ˜• that's really discouraging. Today is my cheat day. So I am giving myself 2500 calories. I am way under that right now but I've even more junk than I should have. I am getting ready to force myself to do some YouTube dancing with my girls then maybe going to bed early. 😴😴😴😴
iamnameless
by on Mar. 7, 2015 at 8:48 AM
287 that's the push I needed this morning. 5lbs in just under a week.
iamnameless
by on Mar. 9, 2015 at 1:36 PM
I want a cookie!!!!!! I'm at subway for lunch and the cookies look so yumm . I took a small nibble off my dds but I want one. I thought about buying one and eating half and taking the other half home to dh but I have a 30 minute drive and don't think I'm strong enough not to eat it. If I burn 1000 calories exercising today I'll reward myself with one tomorrow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)