Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's on your plate?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM
  • 11 Replies

Happy Easter all!

What is on your menu for Easter dinner, if anything?

BBQ? Ham? Lamb? Take out or something else?

Will you be splurging today or business as usual and all in moderation?

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:12 AM

yum!

deviled eggs, smoked ham, broccoli salad, honeyed carrots, ambrosia salad, and banana cream trifle....and it's all primal  i.e. grain-free, refined-sugar free, some dairy!  My only splurge is the banana cream trifle, but I'll stick to just a couple of bites.  My blood sugar levels won't tolerate more than that.

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:14 AM

That sounds all so very yummy.

Quoting michiganmom116:

yum!

deviled eggs, smoked ham, broccoli salad, honeyed carrots ambrosia salad, and banana cream trifle....and it's all primal  i.e. grain-free, refined-sugar free, some dairy!  My only splurge is the banana cream trifle, but I'll stick to just a couple of bites.  My blood sugar levels won't tolerate more than that.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:17 AM

It sure is!  I actually made it yesterday to share with the in-laws last night (MIL broke her shoulder and can't do much yet), and they loved it.  We had enough leftovers to have them today (I did that on purpose).

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting michiganmom116:

yum!

deviled eggs, smoked ham, broccoli salad, honeyed carrots, ambrosia salad, and banana cream trifle....and it's all primal  i.e. grain-free, refined-sugar free, some dairy!  My only splurge is the banana cream trifle, but I'll stick to just a couple of bites.  My blood sugar levels won't tolerate more than that.

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

Oh I was thinking of you the last few weeks. My DH and I just completed the Whole30 this past week and as hard as it was in the beginning, we pushed through and I am so amazed at how good I feel. It is a bit too restrictive to keep up all the time so instead we have adopted a paleo lifestyle. We are really loving it and enjoying cooking and trying new things.

Quoting michiganmom116:

It sure is!  I actually made it yesterday to share with the in-laws last night (MIL broke her shoulder and can't do much yet), and they loved it.  We had enough leftovers to have them today (I did that on purpose).

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting michiganmom116:

yum!

sharebearmomof2
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Mobile Photo

We'll be going to my parent's house in about a hour or so.
Mom is doing the ham and dessert, and I will be bringing most of the sides.
Happy Easter everyone!
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:59 PM
No special dinner here, i have to work tonight so itll be leftover baked chicken and mixed veg for me. We did breakfast for easter this year, bacon,sausage, home fries, eggs and english muffins...i had a pb english muffin and two pieces of bacon :) happy easter!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:20 PM

fastpaleo.com has a great collection of recipes.  So does nomnompaleo.com.  Otherwise I get most of my ideas by using Google  LOL

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Nice!

Oh I was thinking of you the last few weeks. My DH and I just completed the Whole30 this past week and as hard as it was in the beginning, we pushed through and I am so amazed at how good I feel. It is a bit too restrictive to keep up all the time so instead we have adopted a paleo lifestyle. We are really loving it and enjoying cooking and trying new things.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting michiganmom116:

yum!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:48 PM

For breakfast I had grain-free blueberry waffles with lemon butter

Lunch was just southwest seasoned chicken and a couple of slices of havarti cheese

Dinner tonight is roasted turkey breast, deviled eggs, and green beans sauteed with bacon.

marinesweetie
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:31 PM
I did small portions, but i had ham, turkey, 1 deviled egg, potato salad, mac & cheese, green beans, & corn. no dessert..... yet.... if at all lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:04 PM

We are having a lamb roast with baby carrots and tomatoes.  Green beans.  hard-boiled eggs.  And homemade ice cream for dessert.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)