Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Question

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:23 AM
  • 11 Replies

I started my weight loss journey in 2013. August/September cannot remember for sure.  Anyway when I started my youngest was 13 months old and I was going through quite a bit in my marriage (previous from starting) and I weighed 162. 

At that point I told myself I was going to do this healthy this time- it wasn't going to be a diet it was going to be a lifestyle change...and for the most part I have succeeded in that. Last summer I got down to 152lbs. Which made me estatic! It wasn't really about loosing weight but more about loosing my 'mommy tummy".  Showing my children that I was living a healthy style not obsessed about a number on a scale was a main goal of mine.  

Well here I am almost 2 years later, and I weigh 160.  No I haven't stopped working out...I know I haven't beeen drinking enough water I know that- and I was lazy with juicing for a week which I know doesn't help.  But I was wondering is it possible to weigh that much more and be in better shape then when I started (weighing just 2 lbs more?!) I have to admit it is very frustrating that I weigh only 2 pounds less then where I was 2 years ago.  2 years of hard work and I weight 2 pounds less....ugh

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Valentina327
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes
Muscle weighs more than fat
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:09 AM

that much more?

Quoting Valentina327: Yes Muscle weighs more than fat

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:26 AM

Muscle does not weight more than fat. That is one of the great myths of weight loss. One pound of muscle does not weigh more than one pound of fat. They are each a pound. Muscle is more dense than fat, meaning, if you put one pound of muscle next to one pound of fat the muscle is smaller, and more compact than the fat blob.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:50 AM
Ok so I will weigh the same as I did when I started (potentially) but I will appear smaller

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Muscle does not weight more than fat. That is one of the great myths of weight loss. One pound of muscle does not weigh more than one pound of fat. They are each a pound. Muscle is more dense than fat, meaning, if you put one pound of muscle next to one pound of fat the muscle is smaller, and more compact than the fat blob.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: Ok so I will weigh the same as I did when I started (potentially) but I will appear smaller

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:17 AM

That is kind of what happened. here is my beginning pic

that was this summer but i wa sso tan there so i don't know if that would change the way I look (if that makes sense) 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: Exactly
Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: Ok so I will weigh the same as I did when I started (potentially) but I will appear smaller
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

That was from February haven't taken one in that suit since then.
nebraskamomto2
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:09 PM

You look great.  I went through the same thing....the more I worked out and got into better shape...my weight did go up a bit :)

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh good. Well not good but at least I know I am not totally sucking at this. Lol. Thank you.

Quoting nebraskamomto2:

You look great.  I went through the same thing....the more I worked out and got into better shape...my weight did go up a bit :)

Tinse
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2015 at 11:04 AM

The water issue has me a little confuzzled, to be frank.

Used to read that a person's intake of water should be eight glasses a day, but I don't believe that at all.

Maybe it is different for each person, but I find that amount to be excessive.  My back teeth would be floating if I guzzled all that water.

One thing I do know, being a former anorexic (another health issue, I know) is that one should not drink any liquid at all while eating.

It interferes with the absorbtion/digestion of food.  Again, this could be an individual thing, but I suspect that it isn't.

When I eat, I eat.  No water, no wine, no coffee.  And I do not drink liquids in any form half an hour after eating, either.

I let the food slowly digest before I do.  This has been a huge weight-control perk for me.

I wish others here would try this, and see if there is a difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)