Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Literally doing everything

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:50 AM
  • 16 Replies
We work out 5days a week. That entails, 15-20mins on elliptical, or bike, theres a third one but Idr what its called. Its similar to the elliptical. Weight training, both machine and dum bells. Swimming, steam room, sauna. (We have a nice gym) all together about two hours, spent at the gym. I eat a light breakfast. I take refirm from total nutrition, I eat smaller and healthier portions, more times a day, I even drink slimfast occasionally. Been doing this for about three weeks. So far I don't feel any different. I look in the mirror and I think I look worse. Bf says Im toning up. But Im stuck with fat vision.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chinosruca
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Give it time. It's so fast to put weight on and a slow process to get it off.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Give it some time. Remember it took a while to put on and it'll take a while to take off. 

novella0708
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 8:29 PM

I lost a bunch of weight last year. One thing that helped me was taking pictures because I could see the difference. I took a picture after every ten pounds lost which came out to about once a month. It was encouraging. 

I also reminded myself when I thought of how fat I felt that I was working on it. I think finding ways to encourage yourself helps. Keep it up. 

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 9:31 PM
I agree with taking pictures once a month. Sometimes you need an actual comparison to look back on. And, it takes at LEAST one month to start swing any changes in yourself.

So, keep working hard. Keep working on your nutrition. Keep going.
lizfnf
by Liz on May. 8, 2015 at 9:42 PM
Interval training is way better then the elliptical. Stay off the weight machines and use free and body weights. The sauna does nothing for weight loss long term. That's just water weight. I find taking measurements is better then weighing yourself or eyeing yourself up. The proof will be in the inches lost! Don't give up, it sounds like you're off to a great start.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 9, 2015 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
#1. You likely are not eating enough.

#2. I wouldn't touch Slim Fast with a ten foot pole.
Retrokitty
by Member on May. 9, 2015 at 7:13 PM
1. Take pictures and measurements
2. Calculate your TDEE and make sure you stay under the weight loss caloric intake.
3. Keep going you will see a difference :)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 10, 2015 at 2:53 AM

Ditch the supplements/meal replacements.

Make sure you're eating enough.  Have we helped you figure out your caloric needs?  Are you tracking your calories?

What is your starting weight?

It took me a good couple of months to actually SEE any changes when I started.  It takes time, patience, consistency, and motivation. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 10, 2015 at 7:51 AM

These ladies are right.  Focus on how you feel and take pictures.  You probably aren't eating enough either.

Bellatrisque
by Member on May. 10, 2015 at 8:18 PM
Whats wrong with weight machines?

Quoting lizfnf: Interval training is way better then the elliptical. Stay off the weight machines and use free and body weights. The sauna does nothing for weight loss long term. That's just water weight. I find taking measurements is better then weighing yourself or eyeing yourself up. The proof will be in the inches lost! Don't give up, it sounds like you're off to a great start.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)