Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bathing Suits :0

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

I currently live in SoCal. DH is taking me to Aruba for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We are also most likely moving to Hawaii for me to go to graduate school this fall. So, yeah, beach, beach and beach. 

I normally wear tankini tops with board shorts. I have a Victoria Secret romper swimsuit that I wore last summer. 

Since last summer I have lost around 26 pounds so two of my old tankini tops are no longer fitting. They are too big. We went to South East Florida a month ago (gorg!!) and I bought a cute bathing suit but it has a skirt and I hate that style, but my upper thighs are such a sore sight. Right now my thighs are hideous. I am hoping with weight loss I can wear something less restrictive.

I am still heavy, weighed in this morning at 181. I am 5'2" so I am not looking great naked yet. By summer IF I'm lucky I might lose 20 more pounds by our trip...

Of course thats not a guarantee...  of course I realize this. I just want to buy a non-restrictive suit that is kind of a "mini" goal suit. I've been looking at the high waisted bikini's... I have never, ever worn a bikini and always wear shorts. Sizing is an issue as well as if I wait until closer to the date then there is a good chance all the cute stuff will be gone.

Anyway, no real point or question. I enjoy all your perspectives so I would love to hear from you ladies on what you think :) I'm trying not to have too many expectations that cannot be attained. Since my health scare (I posted about before) I have never been more dedicated to losing weight in a healthy way than I have been now.

by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chinosruca
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:04 PM

Mobile Photo

What about shorts like this? Even when I am thin, I have thigh issues. I wear short swim shorts instead of board shorts. More flattering (at least on my body shape). Paired with a tankini, it would be cute.
Molimomma
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Lands End has actual bathing suit material shorts, not boy shorts but good coverage, butt no hanging out shorts that are comfortable, wearable, and then a bunch of different top choices from tankini to regular bikini. They have the high waisted bikini bottoms too. I just got a "dresskini" from them that's adorable for a cruise we are taking in November. They have lots of different styles all in one place which is what I like, p,U.S. I can try it in at home instead of the hideous fitting rooms that make me want to cry.

mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on May. 7, 2015 at 3:30 PM
That might be fun for when I'm with the kids at the beach. What's that website?

Quoting chinosruca:

Mobile Photo

What about shorts like this? Even when I am thin, I have thigh issues. I wear short swim shorts instead of board shorts. More flattering (at least on my body shape). Paired with a tankini, it would be cute.
mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on May. 7, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Good idea I'll check it out!

I'm no longer really plus size and all the high waisted bikinis are showing up for those stores. I'm in a12 right now but when I lose more I'll be even more out of those sizes. I like those suits because they flatter my issue areas.

Quoting Molimomma:

Lands End has actual bathing suit material shorts, not boy shorts but good coverage, butt no hanging out shorts that are comfortable, wearable, and then a bunch of different top choices from tankini to regular bikini. They have the high waisted bikini bottoms too. I just got a "dresskini" from them that's adorable for a cruise we are taking in November. They have lots of different styles all in one place which is what I like, p,U.S. I can try it in at home instead of the hideous fitting rooms that make me want to cry.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 7, 2015 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

These ladies have some good ideas:)

chinosruca
by on May. 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I just googled images for the "look" not sure about the website. I'm sure any of the popular surf brands (HIC, Roxy, T&C) websites will have this style as an option. My daughter got hers at HIC.

Quoting mes_deux_amours: That might be fun for when I'm with the kids at the beach. What's that website?

Quoting chinosruca:

Mobile Photo

mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on May. 8, 2015 at 4:27 PM

I have since found a lot of shorts like this on Zappos. I am still looking for a "suit" though for the hubby and my trip  ;)

Quoting chinosruca: I just googled images for the "look" not sure about the website. I'm sure any of the popular surf brands (HIC, Roxy, T&C) websites will have this style as an option. My daughter got hers at HIC.
Quoting mes_deux_amours: That might be fun for when I'm with the kids at the beach. What's that website?
Quoting chinosruca:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)