Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calculating calories help needed

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:26 PM
  • 2 Replies
I an ready to get serious again about losing weight and am not sure what my calorie intake should be. I'm 5'8" 210 lbs and breastfeeding my 3 month old. Right now I don't have a workout routine set in stone since my daughter doesn't nap unless I'm holding her but hopefully in the upcoming months I'll be back to the 5-6 day a week routine I was doing before she was born. I'd like to lose 5-8 lbs a month with a goal weight in the 160s.
by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
novella0708
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Every person is different. For me, to lose that much weight a month, I had to cut to 1300 calories a day, but I wasn't breastfeeding. I lost fifty-five pounds at a rate of 8 lbs a month with daily exercise added in as well. But that's me. Some women can take in more. It also depends on how much exercise you do. I was also 210 at thes start. 

The best thing to do is food journal. Track how much you're eating and when. Weight yourself weekly and monitor how much you are losing at a time. It shouldn't take long to figure out if you are losing at the rate you want. 

I've read that breastfeeding you don't want to fall below 1800 calories so you probably should start out much higher than where I did so it doesn't affect your supply. 

I also personally found that small goals helped with rewards. Since I was 210, I focused on ten pounds at a time. I took a picture at each one to show the difference. Ten pounds is something you can focus on and manage. It's reachable and reachable much faster than a larger weight loss. 

Good luck! 

Retrokitty
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Mobile Photo

Here's an link to calculate calories :) http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm I suggest using an app to calculate calories. Weigh and measure everything to be accurate. And don't forget to add 500 calories for breastfeeding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)