Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The best way to be successful is to set goals that you CAN achieve. You can achieve your goals if you make SMART goals. SMART goals are:

S - Specific
M -Measurable
A - Attainable
R - Realistic
T - Time Based.

If your goal is to lose weight, break down that goal with the SMART method.
For instance, if you want to lose 40 lbs, write your goal similar to this: "I want to lose 40 pounds total in 2016. To do that, I will focus on losing 2 - 3 pounds a month with clean eating and exercise".
By setting the above goal, instead of just "I want to lose weight", you have just set a specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time based goal. It is the same goal, but now you know what you need to do and how you are going to do it to be successful. Two to three pounds a month seems much more attainable than the daunting number of 40 lbs in a year.

You may have setbacks along with way. That is OKAY. Adjust your goals as needed but remember to use the SMART method to get you back on track.

Before you begin this journey, make sure to weigh yourself, take your measurements and if possible 'before' pictures.
These will let you know exactly where you are when you start and will be powerful and motivating tools to help you on your journey.

Tip: Use a journal (food and fitness) to keep track of your goals. As the year goes on, you will not only be able to physically see your results, but you will be able to go back and look at where you began and know how far you have come!

Share with us what your SMART goals are for this year!
Why are you ready to begin, restart or continue this journey?
What is motivating you to get healthy this year?

treadmill

by on Jan. 4, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Replies (91-93):
lemonymay23
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2016 at 12:23 AM

Portion sizes are where I really struggle, too! Let me know if you find any great tips for decreasing intake and managing! Best luck to you in your fitness goals!

Quoting kangel48446:

My SMART goal for 2016 is to lose 60 pounds at a rate of 5 pounds/month. I plan to do this by drinking more water, less soda; Better portion sizes; Exercising with walking videos or exercise bike.

lia28
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 12:24 AM

Defining SMART is really smarter way that you explained. These quates invoke your weight loss goals and pull yourself to accomplish them.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:34 PM

Get fit

Lose 1-2 lbs per week for total loss of 35 to 40 lbs before Halloween.

Exercise more

Cut Sweets to 2 times per week max

Drink more water

Get house organized

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)