Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Luvmy weight loss!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2016 at 1:11 AM
  • 63 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have 3 children (haven't gotten around to changing my sn to add the baby). They are 9, 6 and 20 months. I've been trying to lose the baby weight from my first pg for 9 years (pre-babies 150lbs, delivery day weight of baby #1, 198lbs). I did, actually, lose it once but a long illness sidetracked me and I gained 15lbs back.

I'm currently in phase 2 of my weight loss. I call it Operation Speed Up

Last Christmas I received a FitBit One. It's been on my body ever since. The FitBit, running, hot yoga and logging calories on myfitnesspal were responsible for me making my first weight loss goal: 15lbs lost by mid April 2015 (I actually lost 17lbs)!!!!

I continued everything past April but wasn't as focused on my diet. I happily maintained my weight loss thru the summer and Fall (even lost another couple pounds) but the holidays got me off track. I gained 5lbs back.

My kids are back in school, I've signed up for my next half marathon and am back on track. I have a fantastic GPS running watch and I'm working toward a finish time of under 2 hours. My previous PR was under 2:17 so it'll be a huge accomplishment to speed up that much.

I'm 5'5"
I started at 171.6lbs a year ago
Got down to 151lbs
I'm currently 156.2 (next weigh in Monday)
GOAL WEIGHT is 140lbs
I've lost a total of 9.5 inches

I have before and during photos that I update every few months. Biggest changes have been in my shoulder and upper back area plus my face.

Lower stomach is being VERY uncooperative.

Will probably post a lot about my training runs as well as my weigh ins. I've never kept a journal before so we'll see if I remember to keep it up. Looking forward to looking back on it as I meet my final goals.

by on Jan. 10, 2016 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 10, 2016 at 1:35 AM
Also, just bought a new heart rate monitor. Have been using a Garmin chest strap monitor that came with my Garmin FR220. It's accurate but not the most comfortable and a bit of a pain to put on.

After reading reviews I decided to try the Scosche RHYTHM+ arm band monitor (in pink!). I don't have Amazon Prime and was prepared to not have it for a week but it shipped today! I ordered it 4 hours ago and it'll be here Tuesday!!!!! Can't wait to try it out during my tempo run Thursday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 10, 2016 at 4:49 PM
Just finished my first "long" run for this speed training plan. It was a 6 mile run which isn't too challenging of a distance but I needed to maintain a pace of 9:30. Took about a mile to settle in but after that it was alright. Challenging but not brutal. Granted I was on a flat trail. My half marathon course is definitely not flat so I'm going to have to change routes for these long runs if I want any hope of making my time goal.

The most obnoxious thing is that my hr monitor dropped out around mile 3. It's frustrating when it happens but my new one will be here in 2 days!!!

Still I burned about 500 calories which gives me a nice cushion for the rest of the day.

Next weigh in is tomorrow. Man I hope there's a change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM

SUCCESS!!

First weigh in and I'm down 2.2lbs!!! Granted that's probably mostly water but it's a small victory and I'll take it.

Also took measurements. Lost a total of 1.2"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 14, 2016 at 1:50 AM
I got my new hr monitor on Monday!!!! It's AMAZING. Worth the money, for sure.

Today was my second round of intervals. Plan was 20 min warm up, 4 x 800m with 2 mins recovery in between and then 10 min cool down.

Dropped the baby off at our child care place. They only had a 1 hour slot available in the toddler room. No problem...so I thought.

I left my car there as the trail is only a few mins away. I used that as the beginning of my warm up. Had a plan in mind for how I was going to do my intervals so I was back in time to pick my son up. Made one mistake along the way and ended up too far. By the time I was in my last recovery going into my cool down I realized I wasn't going to make it back in time unless I hauled. Sooo, no cool down for me. I got a brutal run in and it didn't kill me but my legs are pretty tired. I was only 2 mins late!

6.07 miles ran
652 calories burned

I also took my new hr monitor to hot yoga tonight with a new phone app. Was hoping to get an accurate calorie burn because, up until now, I've been guessing. It worked great and showed a burn of about 420 calories!

A lot of exercise today so tomorrow is a rest day. May walk the baby to Starbucks if it's not terrible out but no running or anything until Friday.

Finished the day with an extra 560 calories.

Today was a good day. Hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 15, 2016 at 6:06 PM
Second tempo run today. 10 min warm up, 4 miles at an 8:45 pace and then 10 min cool down. It was tough.

I'm beginning to doubt myself and my goal. I'm trying to remind myself that I still have 10 weeks of training. I'm not supposed to be doing it all now...That's the purpose of training, right?

I still feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew. I have a secondary goal of a finish time of 2:10:00 or under. That's still 6+ mins off of my last PR with an improvement of over 30 secs per mile. Not too shabby.

Idk, I got the run done but it was harder than I had hoped. I have a long run on Sunday so we'll see how that goes. 8 miles and I plan to throw some hills in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2016 at 9:08 AM
You got this!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Second tempo run today. 10 min warm up, 4 miles at an 8:45 pace and then 10 min cool down. It was tough.

I'm beginning to doubt myself and my goal. I'm trying to remind myself that I still have 10 weeks of training. I'm not supposed to be doing it all now...That's the purpose of training, right?

I still feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew. I have a secondary goal of a finish time of 2:10:00 or under. That's still 6+ mins off of my last PR with an improvement of over 30 secs per mile. Not too shabby.

Idk, I got the run done but it was harder than I had hoped. I have a long run on Sunday so we'll see how that goes. 8 miles and I plan to throw some hills in.
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 17, 2016 at 1:30 PM
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Quoting muzzyh: You got this!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Second tempo run today. 10 min warm up, 4 miles at an 8:45 pace and then 10 min cool down. It was tough.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 18, 2016 at 12:26 AM
Did my 8 mile long run today. Had equipment issues which was annoying but I got the run done.

I chose a route with hills. It was challenging. I'm still really doubting my time goal. I've yet to have a run that leaves me feeling like I can really do it. I'll still continue working toward it but I really hope I start to have some good changes.

Onward. Next weigh in tomorrow morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 19, 2016 at 1:45 AM

Some success! My period is just ending so I'm hoping I'll have a bigger loss next week. Going in the right direction...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 20, 2016 at 6:35 PM
Ran my intervals today. 3 x 1600m (1 mile). Supposed to be at an 8:20 mile. I did it for the first mile. Struggled for the second mile and had to walk a few times in the third mile. Total run 6.21 miles.

Good workout but have yet to have a successful speed workout. I don't see this getting any better. I have a 5 mile tempo run on Friday that I know is going to kill me.

I hate this...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)