Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reward Yourself

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:09 AM
  • 36 Replies

Losing weight/getting fit and then maintaining it takes hard work and dedication through proper diet and exercise but motivation is important too.
One way to help you along is to set up a rewards system that will keep you motivated.
Each week, month, or whatever defined time period you choose, plan to reward yourself for meeting your goals for that time period.
The reward should be a small 'gift' to yourself. It doesn't have to be extravagant, it can be something as simple as taking time for yourself, renting a movie, getting a manicure or buying a new paperback book.

If you fail to meet your goal for that period, then you miss your reward. It will hold you accountable and drive you towards meeting your next goal.

Rewards should be something that makes you feel good about yourself or something you enjoy. Do not reward  yourself with food or other things that will sabotage your weight loss/fitness journey.

The ultimate reward is a healthier and more fit you, but small rewards along the way are a good way to celebrate your successes!

Do you have a rewards system in place?

If so, what types of rewards do you use to keep yourself motivated?

dumbbell

by on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
medicalemtb
by Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:13 AM

I don't necessarily reward myself for eating healthy. If I want a something off my meal plan then I have it and go back to the plan the next meal. One small "other" meal doesn't derail me.

FrankNFurter
by Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:17 AM
I don't have a reward system in place. I so know when I follow my diet, I feel 100% better. Feeling good about what I'm setting out to do.

I am telling my self that I will take my girls to a beach within a year and I want to look good for that. But it's more more for me to just feel better.
mama2b100808
by on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:18 AM

If I reward myself it is something to wear. If I lose 10 pounds I try to find me a cute new shirt. But I don't reward myself with food. :) 

1squishysmom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:19 AM
My husband and I go out for dinner every week. I always have a little treat if I've been good all week
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:20 AM
I did.
ChoosingMe
by ChoosingMe on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Yes I just purchase beach body 21 day fix and I also gave myself a goal to lose 25 lb by April 30 my birthday and my reward will be a tatoo. Of a family tree with my parent and sibling and children and grand kids

DelilahsMom4108
by on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:30 AM
I think my reward is just feeling better about myself after each goal
Merry-Jane
by on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:42 AM

I do not have a rewards system whatsoever. Do people really do that?

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 11:54 AM

I don't really have any type of reward system.

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM

No, I don't reward myself, my reward is the way I look and feel : ) That's enough for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)