Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working out?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello everyone!  I am curious about some different work outs.  I currently do Zumba 3 times a week and want to start a new class to help get over this speed bump.  I haven't lost weight in a couple of months even though I am working out so I want to add another workout.  Does any one or has anyone done Piyo before?  I go to the YMCA and this is a new class they offer.  What other kinds of workouts do you do and would you recommend them please?  

When I started I wanted to lose 60 pounds and I am down 21 but have been stuck.  My goal weight would be 145/150.

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:56 PM
I run, do yoga, and weights. The combo of running and weights melts weight off me, but I have to mix up the weight routine. I like to workout at home, so I don't know about what there is at a gym.
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:57 PM
Also, congrats!
HeavensGirl228
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:12 PM
I run and do all the different weight machines at the gym. I try to run 5k races about every few months and knowing I need to be in shape for those keeps me pretty well grounded.
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 6:09 PM
I run and do hot yoga for cross training. I'm also locked at my current weight but that's dietary for me. I need to buckle down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michelle785406
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 9:45 PM

I enjoy doing weight machines a lot. It really motivates me to keep going when i can feel the muscle building on my body while i'm doing the machines. I also enjoy the elliptical and step machines. I do a mix of all the weight machines for different parts of my body and a little cardio. I've noticed a difference in my body already after a few weeks.

Crazy_Daze
by Member on Feb. 8, 2016 at 2:17 AM

I LOVE Piyo! It's one of my favorite workouts. I hear the version taught by trainers at the gym is really fun. HIIT training is another of my favorites.

Good luck getting over your plateau!

ihave1
by Member on Feb. 8, 2016 at 2:46 AM
Hot yoga?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: I run and do hot yoga for cross training. I'm also locked at my current weight but that's dietary for me. I need to buckle down.
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Feb. 8, 2016 at 7:02 AM
Yeah. Yoga in a heated room (about 95°). It's amazing!

Quoting ihave1: Hot yoga?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: I run and do hot yoga for cross training. I'm also locked at my current weight but that's dietary for me. I need to buckle down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samimama-4
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM
I currently do sworkit a workout app so I can be home with my 5 children and I started at 169 1 1/2 months ago and weighing in at 156 now. I'm working on loosing 6-10 more pounds and and building muscle this app has it all and it's free!
zoo003
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2016 at 2:28 AM

While I have not tried it, I always thought Piyo looked like a lot of fun.  I hope you enjoy it if you try it. 

To workout, I do Krav Maga, kickboxing and fight club.  While these may not be for everyone (not everyone appreciates bruises;), I absolutely love them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)