Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you workout on the weekend?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:42 AM
  • 12 Replies

??

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxoluvmylilboy
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:56 PM

For the last 2 weeks i've been working out everyday

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:37 PM
Yes
chinosruca
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM
Every single weekend. Friday evenings kick it off. I'm waiting on my husband to come home right now and we will be heading to the gym. Saturday is gym day. My Fischer has swim lessons on Saturdays so we have to be at the gym anyways! Why not take advantage! On Sunday's we hike. Unless there is rain or one of us is really sick, we hike every single Sunday. This Sunday we are doing 2 separate trails at Ahupua'a 'O Kahana state park.

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Do you take your kids hiking with you?

Quoting chinosruca: Every single weekend. Friday evenings kick it off. I'm waiting on my husband to come home right now and we will be heading to the gym. Saturday is gym day. My Fischer has swim lessons on Saturdays so we have to be at the gym anyways! Why not take advantage! On Sunday's we hike. Unless there is rain or one of us is really sick, we hike every single Sunday. This Sunday we are doing 2 separate trails at Ahupua'a 'O Kahana state park.

chinosruca
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Yes! Our youngest is mostly carried in a Ergo 360 and the 5, 12, and 16 year olds all walk with us. There are many family friendly hikes on island. We don't do the more dangerous ones. My husband sometimes goes on those with his best friend on Saturdays. My kids love the hikes with waterfalls the most.

Quoting MixedCooke: Do you take your kids hiking with you?

Quoting chinosruca: Every single weekend. Friday evenings kick it off. I'm waiting on my husband to come home right now and we will be heading to the gym. Saturday is gym day. My Fischer has swim lessons on Saturdays so we have to be at the gym anyways! Why not take advantage! On Sunday's we hike. Unless there is rain or one of us is really sick, we hike every single Sunday. This Sunday we are doing 2 separate trails at Ahupua'a 'O Kahana state park.

chinosruca
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My oldest girls at the top of Diamond Head and my husband, youngest, me and my 5yo in the background at Makiki Loop Trail. All 3 older kids have Camelbacks which are great to carry water and snacks!!! My husband and I have a Geiger water pack.

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:17 PM
Cool! No mountains in FL😕 We go swimming every Sunday usually.

Quoting chinosruca:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My oldest girls at the top of Diamond Head and my husband, youngest, me and my 5yo in the background at Makiki Loop Trail. All 3 older kids have Camelbacks which are great to carry water and snacks!!! My husband and I have a Geiger water pack.

chinosruca
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:40 PM
No hiking trails? I know a few people who moved to Florida within the last year. One is an avid hiker. Hers was a pretty recent move there. I'm not sure if she has done any hikes since moving there.....but if there are hikes, she will find them. I didn't start hiking until October of last year. I've lived here 26 years and never saw any of these places until last year.

Quoting MixedCooke: Cool! No mountains in FL😕 We go swimming every Sunday usually.

Quoting chinosruca:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:52 PM
I don't know. I get lost driving so hiking and me lost in a forest is no good. Funny because I used to be a Girl Scout! I'm thinking of camping but I'm not as outdoorsy as I used to be.

Quoting chinosruca: No hiking trails? I know a few people who moved to Florida within the last year. One is an avid hiker. Hers was a pretty recent move there. I'm not sure if she has done any hikes since moving there.....but if there are hikes, she will find them. I didn't start hiking until October of last year. I've lived here 26 years and never saw any of these places until last year.

Quoting MixedCooke: Cool! No mountains in FL😕 We go swimming every Sunday usually.

Quoting chinosruca:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:17 AM

I usually workout to some degree everyday.  On the weekends I try to make it more *fun*

Yesterday, I hiked a portion of the Appalacian Trail.  Today I joined a womens running group on meetup.com and I am going to meet some of them for the first time and go for a run with them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)