Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss Powdered Drink Mix

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

DH has formed a bubble gut over the past year and he is finally on the urge to slim it down. As exercising isn't an option on a day to day bases as he works 50+ hours each week he wants to try a drink to keep him full during the day. We went to GNC the other day and he picked up a lot of drink mixes that said to take before workout. He didn't want to try those because he wont be exercising. So he is looking for something that says dietary supplement. Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Bubble gut can be due to candida growth.  I'd try eliminating sugars and grains before spending a lot of money on gimmicky drink powders.  Give it a week or two to see if he loses the bloat.

He can drink water.

Femommy
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:05 PM
He refuses to drink water. Even with flavoring packs or lemons. Because his job requires him to be on the go he eats fast foods and gets candy or chips for snacks. He knows he's got to change the way he eats. But I really don't think he will do it.

Just last week we went on vacation and he ate the whole entire time. I was getting sick to my stomach watching him eat as much as he was. I was honestly getting disgusted. Some days he don't eat breakfast and lunch. He will get a snack here and there. Then when he gets home he picks at supper and starts eating junk. He will not eat fruits and not many veggies.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Bubble gut can be due to candida growth.  I'd try eliminating sugars and grains before spending a lot of money on gimmicky drink powders.  Give it a week or two to see if he loses the bloat.

He can drink water.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Cheese sticks, nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, kale chips, guacamole (with veggies), and/or jerky are better snacks than candy or chips. Up to you if you want to buy them for him.

There is no easy fix.  If you don't think he's really going to change his habits, don't bother with the expensive drinks.  I know how it is...my husband is all talk too.  He was even invited to go with the guys to the gym, and he declined because he "doesn't want to get all muscle-bound."  Idiot.

Quoting Femommy: He refuses to drink water. Even with flavoring packs or lemons. Because his job requires him to be on the go he eats fast foods and gets candy or chips for snacks. He knows he's got to change the way he eats. But I really don't think he will do it. Just last week we went on vacation and he ate the whole entire time. I was getting sick to my stomach watching him eat as much as he was. I was honestly getting disgusted. Some days he don't eat breakfast and lunch. He will get a snack here and there. Then when he gets home he picks at supper and starts eating junk. He will not eat fruits and not many veggies.
Quoting michiganmom116:

He can drink water.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 10, 2016 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband won't help himself either. Same thing, always eats fast food, refuses to drink water, says he will start going to the gym on Sunday, but Sunday turns to Tuesday, which turns to Saturday, and it never happens.

Here is the truth: You can't help him. Anything you say, even if you think it's supportive and helpful, will be taken as a criticism and will push him in the other direction. He has to decide to do it on his own.

I have helped my husband lose significant amounts of weight three times in the past 5 years. Each time he gains more weight back than he started with. I have washed my hands of it. If he wants to be 300 pounds and miserable, that's his perogative. Like Rhonda, (michiganmom) above me says, I just make sure the life insurance premiums are paid and go about my life.
chinosruca
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2016 at 11:17 PM
How do you help someone who won't help themselves? Giving him meal replacement or nutritional shakes aren't going to help if he is still eating junk food and not drinking water.

Quoting Femommy: He refuses to drink water. Even with flavoring packs or lemons. Because his job requires him to be on the go he eats fast foods and gets candy or chips for snacks. He knows he's got to change the way he eats. But I really don't think he will do it.

Just last week we went on vacation and he ate the whole entire time. I was getting sick to my stomach watching him eat as much as he was. I was honestly getting disgusted. Some days he don't eat breakfast and lunch. He will get a snack here and there. Then when he gets home he picks at supper and starts eating junk. He will not eat fruits and not many veggies.

Quoting michiganmom116:

He can drink water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)