Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your SO also health and fitness minded?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:08 AM
  • 14 Replies

Mine definitely is not.  He does not monitor what he eats or take vitamins and he does not exercise.  I guess it is a good thing I prefer to work out alone! 

What abot yours?

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:59 AM
Ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Um.......no.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I have learned over the years that my DH is 99% talk in EVERY aspect of his life.  He refuses to get a physical after having a high PSA test result several years ago. He thinks he's healthy because he's not overweight.  Well, he also has very little muscle tone/shape, has ED and zero sex drive, he doesn't exercise or move unless he has to, and he has atrocious dietary habits.  I gave up trying to change his mind and I just keep his life insurance premiums paid.

Molimomma
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:30 AM

He eats like a teenage boy but he's in great shape because the Air Force won't allow anything less. He keeps up his PT, runs, bikes, does push-ups & sit ups and swims laps when the pool is open. I wish he was more supportive of my need to exercise but he's pretty selfish/single minded about making sure he has time for his stuff but doesn't care if I do.

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:48 AM
Nope and nope.

He does try different foods and activities because of me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:52 AM
Nope. He wants to eat healthy but will only do it if I pack his food for the day. He does do taekwondo once a week and has started talking about taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with me but I don't see him actually doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ritata
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM

My hubby was a competitive bodybuilder when we met.  But around our 1 yr anniversary we had a car accident and he hurt his neck and back.  The chiropractor injured him during his treatment. He was out of bodybuilding after that.  And he went through a depression and gained weight.  But this year we each had decided to get in shape and it's been a lot easier for us both to do what we need to do as the other one is working out and eating healthy, reducing stress, etc.  So it's awesome to be on the same page.

coala
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Mine was the first of us to become active.  We have always eaten a fairly well balanced and healthy diet.  We did make some more shifts once our DD was born and even more shifts once her allergies were diagnosed.  I've only gotten started with training about a year a go.  We don't train together.  He critiques me to much and I pay a trainer for that.  LOL  We even see the same personal trainer and go on seperate days because we don't want to distract the other.  Our trainer thinks we are amusing because of this, but it works for us. 

SunshneDaydream
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Kind of. He has recently started mountain biking for exercise, but he really only does it on weekends. He was just saying this morning that he needs to start biking more after work, but he feels bad for leaving us as soon as he gets home. He could stand to lose a few pounds though. And hiking has always been one of our "things" that we enjoy together.

As for his eating habits, I have made GIGANTIC strides in improving his diet over the years. When I met him he would eat a can of green beans and call it a healthy lunch. The rest of his diet consisted of pizza and McDonalds. Now he is very nutrition-conscious and even puts up with my insistence on vegetarian meals 3 or 4 nights a week. He is very into holistic medicine too.
Sisteract
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Yes

Mom2Minions
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:33 PM
Dh is in the military, so he is required to be in shape. He is a runner and runs half marathons.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)