Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hollys weight loss Journal :) *Lets try this again!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:26 AM
  • 42 Replies
So a little about me. I'm 27 years old and always had problems with weight fluctuation. 3 weeks ago (03/28/2016) when I really started getting serious about my weight loss I was at my biggest which was 235. But I have made good progress since I started getting serious about it.

I cut out soda and switched to only 1 cup of coffee in the morning and water for the rest of the day. I stopped the junk food and random middle of the night smnacking. When I do want a snack I have a cup of cottage cheese or a fruit or veggies. I have increase my protein intake and started heavily monitoring my calories and cut them down to 1200 a day. I have been paying more attention to saturated fats as well as calories from fat. I've also been using the myfitnesspal app to keep track of all of it and it's been a big help. I had gotten a treadmill recently so I do 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night. I have also been taking inositol, Folic acid and choline (all supplements) to help with the weight loss since I have PCOS.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in July so weight loss was very unsuccessful in the past but the supplements I've been taking have really helped a lot.

So my goal is to lose 90lbs total. I've already lost 8lbs. I would like to accomplish that goal by April of next year which I feel is a very responsible goal however I know it's also possible to lose that much before then as well.

I can only hope that by keeping this journal I can better see my progress some where besides my app. I was thinking about starting a journal on paper about it but this is great too. I feel like I'll have some where that I can vent when I need to but also be proud of myself and excited when I look back at this 9 months or a year from now and see how far I've come in this process.

So the goals I have set for myself are

Goal 1: 35lbs by July
Goal 2: 70lbs by December 13th (My Birthday)
Goal 3: 90lbs by April 2017

Like I said I know I can lose 90lbs before April if I keep doing what I'm doing but I dont wanna over do it.

I figured I'll update once a day if I have anything to update and on Monday morning I'll update my weight.
Here's to staying motivated!

*Goal Update*
I'm changing my goals. From now on I'm gonna focus on 10lbs a month. I feel like that has been a steady result for me so I'm gonna stick with that and run with it.

7/29:
So it's been a while since I've updated. Things have been rough the last few months. DH and I are on the brink of divorce so my mind has been in other places. But with things feeling a little better around here and the tension around here has dropped a tad bit (can't say it will still feel that way when he gets home from work tonight) I decided I need to get back on the wagon and focus on losing the weight.
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeadOfCrazy
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

04/19/2016
Current Weight 227

Weight loss to date 8lbs
RoseWall
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Positive energy your way.
RoseWall
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:50 PM
Its fantastic that you got a treadmill.
I also walk treadmill.
HJ0988
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Does your treatmill have incline? I used to do a treadmill workout that had different inclines and it makes it fun and it also makes time fly while burning more calories and building muscle.

HeadOfCrazy
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM
Mines at a constant incline, it came that way. Its a manual treadmill which I prefer.

Quoting HJ0988:

Does your treatmill have incline? I used to do a treadmill workout that had different inclines and it makes it fun and it also makes time fly while burning more calories and building muscle.

RoseWall
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM
Have you done any inerval training on your treadmill yet.?
HeadOfCrazy
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:06 PM
I'm not sure what that is lol

Quoting RoseWall: Have you done any inerval training on your treadmill yet.?
RoseWall
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM
That's okay! I just recently started it. So it's fairly new to me. You walk for some minutes. Then run for some minutes then walk some minutes. You do that so many times. I am working my way up to it. So my intervals are short I guess. They work for me anyway. I am willing to try new stuff yet will avoid injury. So I modify and customize my treadmill workouts to suit me. I try to mix it up. So that I'm doing something different each time. I looked up treadmill interval training on YouTube. I watched quite a few videos then made up my own routine based on my own ability.

Quoting HeadOfCrazy: I'm not sure what that is lol
RoseWall
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:15 PM
Do you have a fitbit? What time do you do your treadmill walking? I am about to walk soon tonight.
HeadOfCrazy
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM
Yeah that's definitely something that I'll have to work up to. I have asthma so running a lot of time isn't exactly easy for me LOL

Quoting RoseWall: That's okay! I just recently started it. So it's fairly new to me. You walk for some minutes. Then run for some minutes then walk some minutes. You do that so many times. I am working my way up to it. So my intervals are short I guess. They work for me anyway. I am willing to try new stuff yet will avoid injury. So I modify and customize my treadmill workouts to suit me. I try to mix it up. So that I'm doing something different each time. I looked up treadmill interval training on YouTube. I watched quite a few videos then made up my own routine based on my own ability.

Quoting HeadOfCrazy: I'm not sure what that is lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)