• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I lose the gut?! ((PICS))

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm having a hard time trying to lose this gut. I'm fine with my body everywhere else just this stomach I can't seem to lose. Also, how can I minimize loose skin?
by on May. 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Cut the carbs, definitely cut out sugar, drink plenty of water.  That's how I lost my "six months pregnant" look.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Hydrate.  Reduce carbs.  Reduce salt.  Cut sugar.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 9, 2016 at 5:44 AM
What the other ladies said
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 9, 2016 at 6:17 AM
2 moms liked this
There may not be anything you can do for the loose skin if its stretched out too much, for too long.

I'm going to level with you, because I believe in being straight with people. You have an apple type body habitus, meaning you carry all of your weight in the mid section with relatively thin legs. You have the most difficult body type to train, and while it is absolutely possible to see improvement in this area, you can't change your body type. You will likely never have a slim waist. Carb reduction is a must for you. No wheat, no sugar, no fruit, no diet soda, no rice, no milk. Meat, veggies, unsweetened teas, coffee and water. Lots and lots of water.
SexyDiva19
by Group Admin on May. 10, 2016 at 6:02 AM
I appreciate the honesty. I have PCOS so that's a lot of the reason my weight is in the middle and I have that spare tire look going on..

It is possible for me to have a slim.waist. last year I lost 20 lbs and I definitely noticed my stomach getting smaller. I use to be 125 before pregnancy and PCOS diagnosis and a size 3. Now I'm 175 and a size 12.

Everything you said no to is everything I eat on a DAILY basis. I'll try it though

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: There may not be anything you can do for the loose skin if its stretched out too much, for too long.

I'm going to level with you, because I believe in being straight with people. You have an apple type body habitus, meaning you carry all of your weight in the mid section with relatively thin legs. You have the most difficult body type to train, and while it is absolutely possible to see improvement in this area, you can't change your body type. You will likely never have a slim waist. Carb reduction is a must for you. No wheat, no sugar, no fruit, no diet soda, no rice, no milk. Meat, veggies, unsweetened teas, coffee and water. Lots and lots of water.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 10, 2016 at 6:16 AM

Low carb diet is definitely the way to go for PCOS.  Look into paleo guidelines, too.  MANY women have found low carb paleo to be a big help with PCOS.

Belly fat raises the risk significantly for other issues like heart disease and diabetes.  Get control of it now for a healthier future.  Is that enough incentive?

Quoting SexyDiva19: I appreciate the honesty. I have PCOS so that's a lot of the reason my weight is in the middle and I have that spare tire look going on.. It is possible for me to have a slim.waist. last year I lost 20 lbs and I definitely noticed my stomach getting smaller. I use to be 125 before pregnancy and PCOS diagnosis and a size 3. Now I'm 175 and a size 12. Everything you said no to is everything I eat on a DAILY basis. I'll try it though
Quoting ReadWriteLuv: There may not be anything you can do for the loose skin if its stretched out too much, for too long. I'm going to level with you, because I believe in being straight with people. You have an apple type body habitus, meaning you carry all of your weight in the mid section with relatively thin legs. You have the most difficult body type to train, and while it is absolutely possible to see improvement in this area, you can't change your body type. You will likely never have a slim waist. Carb reduction is a must for you. No wheat, no sugar, no fruit, no diet soda, no rice, no milk. Meat, veggies, unsweetened teas, coffee and water. Lots and lots of water.

SexyDiva19
by Group Admin on May. 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I've thought about doing low carb. My co worker lost 70 lbs in the past year by doing Weight Watchers (low carb).

I'll have to look into that.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Low carb diet is definitely the way to go for PCOS.  Look into paleo guidelines, too.  MANY women have found low carb paleo to be a big help with PCOS.

Belly fat raises the risk significantly for other issues like heart disease and diabetes.  Get control of it now for a healthier future.  Is that enough incentive?

Quoting SexyDiva19: I appreciate the honesty. I have PCOS so that's a lot of the reason my weight is in the middle and I have that spare tire look going on..

It is possible for me to have a slim.waist. last year I lost 20 lbs and I definitely noticed my stomach getting smaller. I use to be 125 before pregnancy and PCOS diagnosis and a size 3. Now I'm 175 and a size 12.

Everything you said no to is everything I eat on a DAILY basis. I'll try it though

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: There may not be anything you can do for the loose skin if its stretched out too much, for too long.

SexyDiva19
by Group Admin on May. 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM
I've thought about doing low carb. My co worker lost 70 lbs in the past year by doing Weight Watchers (low carb).

I'll have to look into that.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting SexyDiva19: I appreciate the honesty. I have PCOS so that's a lot of the reason my weight is in the middle and I have that spare tire look going on..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)