• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hernia!

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have a hernia right at my belly button. It's not necessarily painful, but I'm aware of it. I had a ct scan on Friday, hoping to hear more this week. Has anyone here had one? Is my flat stomach just a thing of the past now?
by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2016 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this

My SIL had a hernia caused by her previous surgery (I think it was gall bladder, but she also had an ectopic pregnancy earlier this year).  She has been released for exercise, it's been 4 weeks since the hernia surgery.  The doctor says she can get back to where she was.  So there's hope.

mopargurl
by Manna on May. 9, 2016 at 7:57 AM
What kind of hernia? I just found out I have a femoral hernia and I'm wondering how that will affect things too. Good luck!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 11, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Speak with a general surgeon.  The ones I used to work with did hernia repairs all the time.  They can best assess whether or not surgery is the right option for you, and what other options might be right if not surgery.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2016 at 8:06 AM
Is the surgery scary? I had a c section in September and thematic was brutal, so I'm nervous.

Quoting musicpisces:

Speak with a general surgeon.  The ones I used to work with did hernia repairs all the time.  They can best assess whether or not surgery is the right option for you, and what other options might be right if not surgery.

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2016 at 8:07 AM
I think she said umbilical. It's right behind my belly button and what was an innie is kind of an outie now :/

Quoting mopargurl: What kind of hernia? I just found out I have a femoral hernia and I'm wondering how that will affect things too. Good luck!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 2, 2016 at 10:12 PM

It would likely be less invasive than a c-section, but if you haven't already, speak with the general surgeon.  I handled the outpatient side of general surgery, not the OR (though I can tell you all about the OR with c-sections!).

Quoting muzzyh: Is the surgery scary? I had a c section in September and thematic was brutal, so I'm nervous.
Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)