Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your typical breakfast?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM
  • 24 Replies
I'm low carb so I usually have scrambled eggs and bacon. What is your typical breakfast?
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Since I work graveyard shift and usually get up between 4:30 and 5:00pm, my breakfast is usually dinner. (Thank goodness that I only have to do graveyard for another month!!!) In the past, and in the near future, I eat eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast almost every day. I have a KILLER recipe for Paleo pancakes that I make every once in a while, when I have extra time. 

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:51 PM
Pancake recipe please! The kids and hubby love pancakes!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Since I work graveyard shift and usually get up between 4:30 and 5:00pm, my breakfast is usually dinner. (Thank goodness that I only have to do graveyard for another month!!!) In the past, and in the near future, I eat eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast almost every day. I have a KILLER recipe for Paleo pancakes that I make every once in a while, when I have extra time. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:25 PM
1 cup Almond Milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
5 large eggs
1/4 cup packed almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour (I use tapioca)
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 Tablespoons raw honey (I sub coconut palm sugar, I think honey makes things too dark)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda

I eat them with a slab of butter and a dollop of no sugar added real tropical fruit preserves. The tropical fruit pairs really well with the slightly coconut taste from the coconut flour.

Quoting MixedCooke: Pancake recipe please! The kids and hubby love pancakes!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

redheadtmk
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:27 PM
Red bull and coffee cake from the gas station
chinosruca
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:53 PM
Lots of high carb stuff. Smoothies, smoothie bowls, frozen banana nice cream, Bananas, oatmeal, other fruits. On occasion I have a tofu scramble or waffles.
sal1976
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 9:02 AM
Fruit smoothie before work then breakfast with kiddos at work. I work in child care so it's a fruit and a grain. I was doing isagenix but couldn't afford it any more
Molimomma
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 9:42 AM

On a good day scrambled eggs with bacon and wheat toast or a sourdough English muffin. When I am exhausted or wake up starving and need food fast I usually cave and eat cereal or a cinnamon raisin English muffin with extra cinnamon on top because it faster and easier. This weekend I made super easy pumpkin muffins so I had one of those with a glass of milk for breakfast yesterday.

scapermom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Last couple of weeks I've been doing the Dash diet. It's also low carb (at least phase 1 is).

Breakfasts are eggs - 1-2 hard boiled or scrambled OR egg beaters/egg whites, with or without 1-2 slices canadian bacon or ham (or soy alternative), plus low sodium tomato juice or v-8.

Egg alternatives are turkey & swiss or roast beef & provolone roll ups (all low sodium/low fat); artifically sweetened non fat yogurt, or low sodium cottage cheese.

I also get a mid morning snack - which I have to say I need/look forward to.

lizard_blizzard
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2016 at 6:14 PM

http://www.foodiecrush.com/spinach-and-mushroom-egg-white-frittata/

^^Almost every single day once school starts back up.

In the summer, I'm up later and not wanting to each much in the short time before lunch, so I only have coffee. 

Livelove_beauty
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2016 at 7:49 PM
My breakfast is ALWAYS a protein smoothie with tons of kales and fruit
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)