Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weight loss tips, dieting, weight loss pills.

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

Okay I have tried dieting and everything else you can think of and nothing is working or atleast I see no results. before I got pregnant and had my daughter i weighed like 170 and since i've had my had my daughter 5 years ago I now weigh 275.  I am so misserable and uncomfortiable! A friend told me to get hydroxycutt because it helped her loss a tremendous amount of weight. Have any of you tried it and it worked?  I've tried alot of diet pills and non seem to work i've mainly tried the acai berry pills, the gracinia combogia pills, green tea fat burning pills, and iv'e also tried dieting which never seems to work out well on my own. what is some tips to lossing weight, and what diet pills have you tried that have actually worked?

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1squishysmom
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Watching this post. I need help, too.
Sondi7
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:01 PM
I've never had any luck with diet pills. I track calories and workout for 45-60 minutes 3-6 days a week. I drink my weight in ounces in water. What's your diet look like? I have to be very careful with sugar and carbs. I try to eat a high protein, low carb diet, and have cheat meals here and there.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

No pill is going to help you. Period. There is nothing you can buy over the counter, or from any person lurking here that wants to sell you a $100 a month wrap, pill, or drink mix, that is going to truly help you lose weight and keep it off. NOTHING. I understand your frustration, but there truly is no such thing as a magic pill. Think about it, really think about it, if there was a pill/drink mix/wrap that actually worked, why wouldn't everyone be taking it? There would be no obesity epidemic around the world if this was the case, there would be no overweight people. It would be a scientific miracle, the people who created it would win every scientific award known to man and it would be the news story of the year. It simply doesn't exist. 

I doubt you have tried every diet known to man kind, you simply haven't tried what works for you. Atkins/South Beach, (very low carb for one month followed by gradually adding carbs back in), works. It really, really works, but you be all in with it. Its a life-long commitment. You have to really, really want it. Unfortunately, I find that disapointingly very few people REALLY want it. You can't tell yourself that you can't do it, you have to really try. 

sal1976
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 9:06 AM
I've tried hydroxy cut and many others no luck. I did drop ten lbs using isagenix but really had trouble doing cleanse days and I couldn't afford it any more so I dropped that and have been making sure the watch my calories and exercise a little more , I'm not great at that being I'm usually exhausted after work. I have lost 2 more lbs doing that. In January I was 205 now I'm about 193. My dr says to aim for half a pound a week
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Aug. 11, 2016 at 1:35 AM
Sorry no magic pill is going to make yo lose weight... caloric deficit is the only thing that works. Meaning you have to be eating less than your body is burning. But you have to make sure you are eating enough to not go into starvation mode. I'm at 2000 calories a day and losing about 2 lbs a week. But I also work out 5x a week lifting HEAVY weights and only 60 mins of cardio A week is all I'm doing.
Caitlin10081989
by Member on Aug. 11, 2016 at 5:13 PM

I have not tried hydroxycutt.

Go to the doctor and ask them for weight loss medication.

Weight loss pills are supposed to be taken in addition to dieting and excersize.

Weight loss medications:

Phentermine

Saxenda

Belviq

Wellburtin

Contrave

sheila5050
by Member on Aug. 12, 2016 at 9:14 AM
I tried hydroxy cut and it didn't work at all. Diet and exercise is the only thing that works. I've tried all kinds of fad diets too and they help for the short term but weight always comes back. I'm trying to get pregnant and the dr has me on metformin which is supposed to regulate hormones and that helps with weight loss as a side effect. But I'm also dieting and exercising.
BlueEyed_Mama
by Member on Aug. 15, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Talk to ur dr about Phentermine. I took it and lost 30lbs within 2 and a half months. Along with this pill, I went to the gym 3-5 times a week and counted calories on myfitnesspal.

I have since put back on the weight and have to start over. Again with 25-30 lbs to lose :(

Good luck!

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Aug. 15, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Ypu may want to ask your DR for phentermine but there are some unpleasant side effects so I stopped taking it. None of these pills though are magic pills. You are going to have to change your lifestyle and eating habits. 

Can you post what you eat on a regular day? Snacks? Drinks?

Stop buying the junk that's a start.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 15, 2016 at 5:38 PM
That's kind of proof that pills are not a long term solution, no?

Quoting BlueEyed_Mama:

Talk to ur dr about Phentermine. I took it and lost 30lbs within 2 and a half months. Along with this pill, I went to the gym 3-5 times a week and counted calories on myfitnesspal.

I have since put back on the weight and have to start over. Again with 25-30 lbs to lose :(

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)