Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been 2yrs since weight loss surgery...

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

2yrs ago today I had the RNY Gastric Bypass surgery. It's so hard to believe it's been 2yrs already. I am down 122# and still losing. I wish I would have more of a weight loss by this point but I'm still happy with how far I've come.
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chinosruca
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
122 pounds is a VERY good weightloss! Congrats!!!! That's awesome! Keep on keeping on! ๐Ÿ˜Š Inspiring!
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2016 at 8:01 AM

That is awesome! congrats:)

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Aug. 10, 2016 at 7:02 PM
122/24=5.083 lbs/4=1.27 lbs per week. I would have expected higher weight loss with the surgery. You may have faired better trying it on your own rather than the surgery. They make it out like those surgeries would cause some drastic weight loss but in the end, it's still slow and steady. Better something than nothing though! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
LaughCryLive
by Member on Aug. 10, 2016 at 7:05 PM
Great job!
kadcas
by on Aug. 10, 2016 at 7:07 PM
Wonderful!
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Aug. 12, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Way to go! 

My mom had gastric bypass about 8-9 years ago and is still doing fantastic.  She still has issues with food and won't workout but she manages, thankfully. 

awelling
by on Aug. 12, 2016 at 8:10 PM
Keep it up. You are doing a good job. What a difference.
raunchy46
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2016 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My name is neisa and I'm going through the process to get the sleeve surgery by October and November they said. I'm as of today 240lbs 5'2". I'm a little scared but I have alot of medical issues and I have problems walking. Congratulations and keep it going!!! You look fabulous!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Oliviasmom72
by Member on Aug. 13, 2016 at 6:08 PM

122 lbs is a great start but after 2 years your DR probably would have wanted to see more. How much more weight do you have to lose? Set mini goals. For every 20 lbs you lose reward yourself with something. What have you lost recently? You should be losing weight at a decent rate still if you are following the diet your Dr put you on. Good luck

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Aug. 14, 2016 at 1:52 PM

I dont know what your starting weight was but my friend had gastric sleeve about 2 years ago..perhaps a little less. She is down 140 lbs from 320 to 180. She has stalled a bit and admits she has not been as good as she should be because she travels alot but still 140 lbs for her is great. She is short so 180 is still a little heavy for her height but she is trying to drop 20 last lbs.Keep on track. It's easy to fall back into old habit dont let that happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)