Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The wife's journal

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:44 AM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
Short term goal: get down to a comfortable size 14.
Long term goal: size 10
Currently a size 16.

How: my very own 146 day challenge. Monday-Saturday I will work out. Sundays do not count towards my workout days because they are a rest day or a make up day if needed.
Sensible eating. No baking for 600 people, no cooking just because my husband's office asked, don't bring the shot into the house that I'm weak in the knees for. They're the reason my knees are weak from too much weight!
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:51 AM
Today was day 3 of 146. I'm doing Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack this week. I'm only dying a lot. My everything hurts. But on the bright side, I'm already down a pound and a half. I know it's only water weight right now, but it still feels nice.

My back didn't pop today or yesterday and it's fantastic. I slept great again last night. My meal plan is made and most of the meals are healthy AND my family will eat them as well. Pineapples are on sale, so I'm getting some tomorrow and I'm so excited. Yes, I'm excited about pineapples.

143 days to go to reach my first challenge to make working out a permanent habit!
Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:56 AM
6 week 6 pack. I assumed my abs would hurt. Nope. My thighs, ass, arms, and shoulders hurt the worst.

I just know I'm doing better every time I work out. Today I managed to do like half of the side planks in the workout. Those things are freaking hard!

Quoting Dashdashdash: I feel like i been run over by a car.

You are awesome.
Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:00 AM
Yeah, but I want to do it! It's a hard move and when I get it I'm going to be so excited. My oldest wanted to work out with me today and after the warm up he was like 'maybe I'll just watch...' LOL. It was too hard for the poor kiddo.

Quoting Dashdashdash: We can plank it.

Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2017 at 1:56 AM
Day 4/146 I hurt my right leg doing prisoner lunges so I took a break that day. So I waited until the next day to do the elliptical for 30 minutes then I made up the missed day tonight. So I've completed 5/146 days!

Tomorrow is my last day of 6W6P for a few weeks, then Tuesday I start a week of the 30DS.

Going strong on working out. In a few weeks my eating will be where I want it to be too.
Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2017 at 4:59 AM

I may just die. I completed workout 9/146 today. I can't find my 30 day shred DVD. So I'm doing ripped in 30. Yeah, I have a death wish. By the cool down tonight I literally had to sit down to avoid passing out. That is intense. But I'm getting a bit better at Cardio! I made it through the entire 1st circuit ithout stopping! I hurt so good right now. 

I was TERRIFIED last year to even try RI30... I've done it twice so far, it has completely kicked my ass, but I did it! And according to my Fitbit, I burned 392 calories during that 35 minute workout. Die, fat, die! 

Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 23, 2017 at 2:02 AM
Today was workout 10 of 146. I'm one work out behind so I think on Wednesday I'll throw in a morning elliptical exercise so I can relax on Sunday. But I made it through the entire first cardio portion of RI30 tonight and halfway through the second cardio circuit. I'm still working on cardio but it's getting better every day!

I'm down 2 whole pounds. In the morning I'm eating yogurt with some oats mixed in. Then for lunch I'm planning on a sandwich and for dinner a spaghetti squash meal and for snacks cucumbers with hummus and a banana with sunbutter. And I need to drink more water.
Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 25, 2017 at 3:38 AM
I did Killer Buns and Thighs tonight. Oh dear god, Jillian is evil. I'm throughly exhausted. I had my husband try a few of the workouts and he said I was insane. The lunge into warrior pose was insane. I struggled big time through this workout. Can I go back to RI30?!?! No. suck it up and do this workout like You planned!

Ok. I weigh in tomorrow. I hope I've lost 3-4 pounds....
Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:36 AM
Wednesday I did the elliptical for 26 minutes in the morning to catch up on my missing workout. Then at night I did Killer Buns and Thighs and pretty much died. So those were workouts 13 & 14

Tonight is workout 15 but My legs are so sore that I'm switching to 30DS level 2. Yes, I found my 30DS DVD!
Thewife06
by Group Admin on Jan. 28, 2017 at 2:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I did 30DS level 2 last night and while it was hard, I got through most of the cardio ok! I was so proud of me. 

And then toniight happened. I had my KB&T DVD in, the workout mat on the floor, leggings and sports bra on... and then I picked up my 5 pound weights. My arms SCREAMED at me. My husband came over, told me I could take tonight off and we'd go do cardio tomorrow morning because he can tell that my arms need a break. I gave myself 30 minutes to try and convince myself to do the workout tonight and I just couldn't do it. I'm so sore. 

So... tomorrow, elliptical workout in the morning and KB&T in the evening. :D 

oh,and I'm down 3.5 lbs as if this morning! :D 

BrittsJade
by Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
You're doing a great job!

Quoting Thewife06:

I did 30DS level 2 last night and while it was hard, I got through most of the cardio ok! I was so proud of me. 

And then toniight happened. I had my KB&T DVD in, the workout mat on the floor, leggings and sports bra on... and then I picked up my 5 pound weights. My arms SCREAMED at me. My husband came over, told me I could take tonight off and we'd go do cardio tomorrow morning because he can tell that my arms need a break. I gave myself 30 minutes to try and convince myself to do the workout tonight and I just couldn't do it. I'm so sore. 

So... tomorrow, elliptical workout in the morning and KB&T in the evening. :D 

oh,and I'm down 3.5 lbs as if this morning! :D 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)