Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New member here :)

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:05 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm Jessee, I'm not new to Cafemom but I am new to this group. A little bit about me and why I'm here...

I've been an athlete my whole life and honestly never had any issues until I had my youngest child (she's oureally 3rd and about to be 4 next month). It started during my pregnancy, I was hospitalized frequently as well as being on and off bed rest pretty much the whole pregnancy. I gained a lot of weight. After she was born there were a lot of set backs that kept me from getting back into shape. Now that I'm actively trying again I seem to be hitting wall after wall.

I love to workout, it's my zen, I guess you could say. It's my me time and I need it to keep me sane LOL Until recently I never had issues with eating healthy and now for some reason I do. I can't seem to stick to it and it's driving me crazy. I don't even honestly like the junk that I'm eating but yet I get a craving and can't help it then of course I feel bad afterwards.

I joined a program to help map out my caloric need and macros but I'm having issues with recipes that I actually enjoy. I guess I'm stuck, kind of at a loss, stressed, and honestly kind of defeated...I was hoping to find others who can relate to the struggle and maybe offer some kind of advice/help lol.

Thanks, if you made it this far I really appreciate it and I look forward to hopefully getting to know you all better.
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittp1
by Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Working out is my zen too. I LOVE running, yoga, kettlebells, HIIT, heck all of it, ha. Nutrition has always been a little more of a challenge for me. I have sweet tooth. I also feel pretty bad after I fall victim to a craving. Tracking has helped with that. I track calories and then activity. I am at about 1600 calories to lose weight, that is without exercise. I add extra calories with exercise. I still have about 5lbs to get to my goal, but I lost 70 plus pounds by tracking and exercise.

What kinds of cravings do you have?  

SDmomma-3
by Member on Jan. 17, 2017 at 9:23 AM
Mostly comfort foods, things that remind me of good times in my childhood and cheesecake lol I love a good cheesecake!

Quoting brittp1:

Working out is my zen too. I LOVE running, yoga, kettlebells, HIIT, heck all of it, ha. Nutrition has always been a little more of a challenge for me. I have sweet tooth. I also feel pretty bad after I fall victim to a craving. Tracking has helped with that. I track calories and then activity. I am at about 1600 calories to lose weight, that is without exercise. I add extra calories with exercise. I still have about 5lbs to get to my goal, but I lost 70 plus pounds by tracking and exercise.

What kinds of cravings do you have?  

spykgurl
by on Jan. 17, 2017 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Working out keeps me calm in a manic way. Lol. I had a craving for chips and salsa last night, then I needed to top it off with a fun sized kit Katrina. I'm so tired right now. It has more to do with waking up early, but eating crap last night didn't help. One thing that motivates me is when I pin a butt load of workout and healthy recipe stuff on pinterest. I really do use my pins. The hardest thing is my husband isn't healthy in any sense of the word. You are not going to be judged by me for having a hard time. :) you're amazing.
SDmomma-3
by Member on Jan. 17, 2017 at 9:37 AM
Thank you! My husband is the same way! I swear the man's diet is horrible but if he puts even half the effort into working out that I do he drops weight so fast...it's kind of infuriating lol

My home gym has pictures of what I'm really hoping/trying to look like and most of the time that really helps. But here lately I have these boughts of being sad. I lost my grandmother, who was basically my mom, a few years ago and when I miss her I tend to eat foods that she would make me and they aren't healthy in the slightest lol It also happens when I miss my dad, I lost him when I was just 6. It's going to be 24 years in August.

I've recently hit where I know that I have to get into shape and eat right. I'm going to be 30 in June and my father passed at 31 and my birth mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at 35, all of that scares me because I'm not far off from their ages and I havs 3 kids that I need to be here for.

Quoting spykgurl: Working out keeps me calm in a manic way. Lol. I had a craving for chips and salsa last night, then I needed to top it off with a fun sized kit Katrina. I'm so tired right now. It has more to do with waking up early, but eating crap last night didn't help. One thing that motivates me is when I pin a butt load of workout and healthy recipe stuff on pinterest. I really do use my pins. The hardest thing is my husband isn't healthy in any sense of the word. You are not going to be judged by me for having a hard time. :) you're amazing.
spykgurl
by on Jan. 17, 2017 at 9:45 AM
I'm sorry for your losses. :( that's not easy. I have depression, so when something sets me off I stop working out for a week, then it turns into months. I then eat crap because I feel why bother. I just turned 30 in december. My goal is to be strong enough to pick DH off the couch and he knows I mean business. Lol. One of my favorite motivators is CT Fletcher. He's a beast. I'm not looking to be a body builder, but he's definitely one to get the blood flowing. I live by ISYMFS (it's still your mother f.... set). That keeps me going fitness wise AND depression. So keep it up. If anything, I'm rooting for you.

Quoting SDmomma-3: Thank you! My husband is the same way! I swear the man's diet is horrible but if he puts even half the effort into working out that I do he drops weight so fast...it's kind of infuriating lol

My home gym has pictures of what I'm really hoping/trying to look like and most of the time that really helps. But here lately I have these boughts of being sad. I lost my grandmother, who was basically my mom, a few years ago and when I miss her I tend to eat foods that she would make me and they aren't healthy in the slightest lol It also happens when I miss my dad, I lost him when I was just 6. It's going to be 24 years in August.

I've recently hit where I know that I have to get into shape and eat right. I'm going to be 30 in June and my father passed at 31 and my birth mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at 35, all of that scares me because I'm not far off from their ages and I havs 3 kids that I need to be here for.

Quoting spykgurl: Working out keeps me calm in a manic way. Lol. I had a craving for chips and salsa last night, then I needed to top it off with a fun sized kit Katrina. I'm so tired right now. It has more to do with waking up early, but eating crap last night didn't help. One thing that motivates me is when I pin a butt load of workout and healthy recipe stuff on pinterest. I really do use my pins. The hardest thing is my husband isn't healthy in any sense of the word. You are not going to be judged by me for having a hard time. :) you're amazing.
SDmomma-3
by Member on Jan. 17, 2017 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that, it does make me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who goes through these on and off boughts.

Quoting spykgurl: I'm sorry for your losses. :( that's not easy. I have depression, so when something sets me off I stop working out for a week, then it turns into months. I then eat crap because I feel why bother. I just turned 30 in december. My goal is to be strong enough to pick DH off the couch and he knows I mean business. Lol. One of my favorite motivators is CT Fletcher. He's a beast. I'm not looking to be a body builder, but he's definitely one to get the blood flowing. I live by ISYMFS (it's still your mother f.... set). That keeps me going fitness wise AND depression. So keep it up. If anything, I'm rooting for you.

Quoting SDmomma-3: Thank you! My husband is the same way! I swear the man's diet is horrible but if he puts even half the effort into working out that I do he drops weight so fast...it's kind of infuriating lol

sheila5050
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM
I've been on my weight-loss Journey for 7 months and my weight loss has come to a halt. It is very frustrating I've been working out very hard and eating healthy when that didn't help the weight come off I decided to still work out hard and eat what I want. The problem with that is our newest treadmill that we bought used has started to break down and now I'm in this habit of eating junk food and I can't do that if I can't exercise so maybe it's a good idea that I have to break that habit. It's a hard cycle to break so I totally feel you even though I've always been someone that prefers junk food to healthy food my whole life. Good luck on your journey!

Quoting SDmomma-3: Hi I'm Jessee, I'm not new to Cafemom but I am new to this group. A little bit about me and why I'm here...

I've been an athlete my whole life and honestly never had any issues until I had my youngest child (she's oureally 3rd and about to be 4 next month). It started during my pregnancy, I was hospitalized frequently as well as being on and off bed rest pretty much the whole pregnancy. I gained a lot of weight. After she was born there were a lot of set backs that kept me from getting back into shape. Now that I'm actively trying again I seem to be hitting wall after wall.

I love to workout, it's my zen, I guess you could say. It's my me time and I need it to keep me sane LOL Until recently I never had issues with eating healthy and now for some reason I do. I can't seem to stick to it and it's driving me crazy. I don't even honestly like the junk that I'm eating but yet I get a craving and can't help it then of course I feel bad afterwards.

I joined a program to help map out my caloric need and macros but I'm having issues with recipes that I actually enjoy. I guess I'm stuck, kind of at a loss, stressed, and honestly kind of defeated...I was hoping to find others who can relate to the struggle and maybe offer some kind of advice/help lol.

Thanks, if you made it this far I really appreciate it and I look forward to hopefully getting to know you all better.
spykgurl
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I have found that when I hit a wall and start to go downhill with my regiment, if I start up again after a couple of weeks, it's like it kicks back in. I went from 148 to 138. Hit a wall, stopped workout out for a month (by snacident) started working out and wearing better a couple days ago again, and I've started loosing weight again. So after some time off, start up again. But weight shouldn't be the focus in my opinion. You will loose weight, start getting fit, then gain muscle weight (not fat). So I don't weigh myself much and only out of curiosity of muscle gain vs. Fat loss. :) good luck

Quoting sheila5050: I've been on my weight-loss Journey for 7 months and my weight loss has come to a halt. It is very frustrating I've been working out very hard and eating healthy when that didn't help the weight come off I decided to still work out hard and eat what I want. The problem with that is our newest treadmill that we bought used has started to break down and now I'm in this habit of eating junk food and I can't do that if I can't exercise so maybe it's a good idea that I have to break that habit. It's a hard cycle to break so I totally feel you even though I've always been someone that prefers junk food to healthy food my whole life. Good luck on your journey!

Quoting SDmomma-3: Hi I'm Jessee, I'm not new to Cafemom but I am new to this group. A little bit about me and why I'm here...

SDmomma-3
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:07 AM
Thank you. Good luck on your journey. I'm hoping that I can get going and stay going, we have a wedding to attend at the end of June....hopefully that will keep me focused lol Sometimes it's hard to find the motivation to keep going.

Quoting sheila5050: I've been on my weight-loss Journey for 7 months and my weight loss has come to a halt. It is very frustrating I've been working out very hard and eating healthy when that didn't help the weight come off I decided to still work out hard and eat what I want. The problem with that is our newest treadmill that we bought used has started to break down and now I'm in this habit of eating junk food and I can't do that if I can't exercise so maybe it's a good idea that I have to break that habit. It's a hard cycle to break so I totally feel you even though I've always been someone that prefers junk food to healthy food my whole life. Good luck on your journey!

sheila5050
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the tip! I was checking my weight way too much. The fluctuations were driving me crazy! So now I'm resisting! :)

Quoting spykgurl: I have found that when I hit a wall and start to go downhill with my regiment, if I start up again after a couple of weeks, it's like it kicks back in. I went from 148 to 138. Hit a wall, stopped workout out for a month (by snacident) started working out and wearing better a couple days ago again, and I've started loosing weight again. So after some time off, start up again. But weight shouldn't be the focus in my opinion. You will loose weight, start getting fit, then gain muscle weight (not fat). So I don't weigh myself much and only out of curiosity of muscle gain vs. Fat loss. :) good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)