Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss Help

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hello everyone,

I am trying to lose the stomach pouch I have got going on. I had ds#2 almost 8 months ago and have not gained weight anywhere else but in the belly. I literally drink water all day. Occassionally drink juice or coffee. I hardly eat junk food. I don't eat a whole lot to begin with.

I don't excerise but spend a lot of time on my feet between the hubby and the baby and the 7 year old and housework. I keep saying I will excerise but never seem to do it. So i guess i am looking for tips or advice on how to lose the belly fat.

Thank you!
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Cut carbs
BearFamily12
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:13 PM
Lol that is so hard!

I eat less bread than I used to. But still it is so good!

Quoting MixedCooke: Cut carbs
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:19 PM

The reasoning behind cutting carbs is that many people have candida or bacteria growth in the abdomen. Carbs turn to glucose in the body, glucose feeds the candida/bacteria.  Drop all but veggie carbs and you'll likely notice a decrease in abdomen size.  I went from looking like I was 6 months pregnant to a much smaller belly (don't look pregnant).

You also have stretched skin from pregnancy.  It should get some elasticity back, but sometimes it doesn't.  Toning that area with core exercises may help.  There are plenty of things to do with baby that will do that.  Check YouTube for exercising with baby.

Quoting BearFamily12: Lol that is so hard! I eat less bread than I used to. But still it is so good!

spykgurl
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

It works.I do the tea first thing in am and last thing in pm. Smoothie is my breakfast. Everyday.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Here's the thing..

Subcutaneous fat is caused by what you eat. Period. If you want to lose belly fat, you have to eat cleanly- no processed items, only water, and you have to exercise as well. There is no special formula...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

BearFamily12
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:00 PM
What would be considered veggie carbs?

I was looking into exercises with the baby. I might start some tomorrow morning.

Quoting michiganmom116:

The reasoning behind cutting carbs is that many people have candida or bacteria growth in the abdomen. Carbs turn to glucose in the body, glucose feeds the candida/bacteria.  Drop all but veggie carbs and you'll likely notice a decrease in abdomen size.  I went from looking like I was 6 months pregnant to a much smaller belly (don't look pregnant).

You also have stretched skin from pregnancy.  It should get some elasticity back, but sometimes it doesn't.  Toning that area with core exercises may help.  There are plenty of things to do with baby that will do that.  Check YouTube for exercising with baby.

Quoting BearFamily12: Lol that is so hard!

BearFamily12
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:02 PM
I drink a lot of water. Ok I try to lol.

I will cut out the few processed items I eat. I make most of the food my family and i eat. So it mostly the junk foods that i eat ever so often that have to go.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Here's the thing..

Subcutaneous fat is caused by what you eat. Period. If you want to lose belly fat, you have to eat cleanly- no processed items, only water, and you have to exercise as well. There is no special formula...

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:48 PM

All veggies have carbs, but they also have nutrients.  Not a good idea to drop them all.  However, most veggies don't have as many carbs as starchy foods.  So, drop carbs but stick with healthy veggies:  carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, cucumbers, greens, celery, brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc.  Mushrooms are also a good idea!

Quoting BearFamily12: What would be considered veggie carbs? I was looking into exercises with the baby. I might start some tomorrow morning.
Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting BearFamily12: Lol that is so hard! I eat less bread than I used to. But still it is so good!

BearFamily12
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:56 PM
Awesome! Thank you :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

All veggies have carbs, but they also have nutrients.  Not a good idea to drop them all.  However, most veggies don't have as many carbs as starchy foods.  So, drop carbs but stick with healthy veggies:  carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, cucumbers, greens, celery, brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc.  Mushrooms are also a good idea!

Quoting BearFamily12: What would be considered veggie carbs?

I was looking into exercises with the baby. I might start some tomorrow morning.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting BearFamily12: Lol that is so hard!

sihappyfit
by Member on Jan. 22, 2017 at 6:09 PM

Drinking alot of water is great. but without gives the body back the nutrients and electrolytes that washes out its not good. Is all day means 3 big glasses or 10 glasses of water?. what do you eat? maybe not enough? Its a lifestyle change. and their is alot more to it.

Contact me i can give you more tips and advise.

Sivan

Sihappyfit@gmail.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)