Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you Have a Fitness Routine?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi! I thought it would be fun to share what we do as a daily routine to stay fit and miotivated. Do you go to the gym or work out at home? I work out at home to YouTube channels. I follow the workout calender to Blogilates and add in a couple of other routines throught the day from the Tone it Up channel or Joanna Soh. I try to get a walk in at least once a day if the weather permits.

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a Fitbit Alta that I use for my everyday. I would like to get in 10,000 steps everyday but don't usually on the days I don't run. My weekly average is usually between 80,000-110,000 steps depending on how long my long run is though so it all evens out. 4,000 on Wednesday but 30,000 on Sunday makes up for it 😁

I'm currently training for 2 half marathons in March so I run 3 days a week and try to weight lift or something else at least one other day. I also do 1 hot yoga class each week.

I'm generally an outdoor runner but with my speed work, I can't push the stroller for that so I rejoined a gym. I HATE running on the treadmill but I don't have another option. My long weekend runs are outside and that's my happy place. I'm also terrible at weights and cross training so I'm glad to have the extra options at the gym.
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2017 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
No particular plan just 15 minutes and switch after each minute doing 30 seconds of regular movement and 30 seconds of negatives. With cardio I do fast for a minute and then regular for a minute in 30 minutes and 15 minutes of CORE doing various planks and belly dancing moves switching after each minute.
scapermom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 10:14 AM

I'm having trouble with this. I do home work outs and just joined the Walk A Day app from Leslie Sansone. But I'm having trouble fitting it in.

I have no problem going to a strength training class at the county activity center 2x a week. It's the at home one I'm getting distracted from!

I also do at least one 20 minute walk outside a day (dog walk with husky) weather permitting.

Any tips on how you get yours in would be helpful. Do you have a set time daily that you just close yourself away or what? That's what I think I need to do.

BVoughtBenko
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 2:29 PM

I don't have a set time when I workout. I just squeeze one in when I have the time. I also make sure I don't sit down the majority of the day. My biggest problem is eating healthy 24/7.  If I'm up early enough, I try to get my workout done in the morning so I have the rest of the day to do what needs done. My husband works nights though, so sometimes I don't get a workout in until late evening because I don't want to wake him up. They way I see it, as long as I get a routine in, it doesn't matter what time of the day I do it.

Quoting scapermom:

I'm having trouble with this. I do home work outs and just joined the Walk A Day app from Leslie Sansone. But I'm having trouble fitting it in.

I have no problem going to a strength training class at the county activity center 2x a week. It's the at home one I'm getting distracted from!

I also do at least one 20 minute walk outside a day (dog walk with husky) weather permitting.

Any tips on how you get yours in would be helpful. Do you have a set time daily that you just close yourself away or what? That's what I think I need to do.

scapermom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting BVoughtBenko:

I don't have a set time when I workout. I just squeeze one in when I have the time. I also make sure I don't sit down the majority of the day. My biggest problem is eating healthy 24/7.  If I'm up early enough, I try to get my workout done in the morning so I have the rest of the day to do what needs done. My husband works nights though, so sometimes I don't get a workout in until late evening because I don't want to wake him up. They way I see it, as long as I get a routine in, it doesn't matter what time of the day I do it.

Quoting scapermom:

Same here - my husband works nights, so he's sleeping during the day.

I get up early (5:30) to wake my daughter up for school, and am exhausted by the time he leaves for work around 8pm.  I should probably try to fit in the workout before he gets home. I'll try that this coming week.

Mom2Minions
by Member on Jan. 28, 2017 at 7:22 PM
I love the Walk at Home DVDs, but I have the same issue. I get too distracted when I do the DVDs. I think of the 20 other things that I should/could be doing. I have a membership to Curves. I love their strength training circuit and the fitness classes that they offer with it. Our Curves has a great group of women.

Quoting scapermom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)