Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TigerofMu (Sonja)'s Fitness Journal!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2017 at 7:27 PM
  • 21 Replies

I actually keep a daily log of my nutrition and exercise on MyFitnessPal, and my FitBit, and I keep another record of some exercise with MapMyWalk/MapMyFitness.  Feel free to add me in any of these tools!  

Let's talk about hopes and dreams, fears and reality, and the struggles and successes.  

I want to talk tummy trouble, hormonal imbalances, thyroid trouble, perimenopause, mineral deficiencies, and anything else that affects your daily life and weight loss.

And I want to talk about how to get past those things and succeed :)!

by on Mar. 16, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2017 at 1:06 AM

I'm starving right now, so I am trying to finish up a few things so I can get some sleep.  I know sleep is a big part of weight loss, and I'm struggling with that piece.  I have lost two more pounds though, so the extra activity is helping!!!

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2017 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I use MyFitnessPal and Fitbit also. I lost the weight I wanted to lose almost 2 years ago and I have kept it off. I think I will always have to track what I eat and make sure I get enough exercise.
TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2017 at 7:43 AM

I think that is part of successfully keeping it off long term.

Quoting mrswillie: I use MyFitnessPal and Fitbit also. I lost the weight I wanted to lose almost 2 years ago and I have kept it off. I think I will always have to track what I eat and make sure I get enough exercise.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2017 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. When I started my journey, I was told that people don't realize how much they really eat until they write it all down and track it. Boy was that true. If tracking it for the rest of my life keeps me from Gaining it back, I'm all for it. I think I will always track my steps also.

Quoting TigerofMu:

Quoting mrswillie: I use MyFitnessPal and Fitbit also. I lost the weight I wanted to lose almost 2 years ago and I have kept it off. I think I will always have to track what I eat and make sure I get enough exercise.

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2017 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree! Because now I can't eat what I use to. I get full faster now then I use to. 

Quoting mrswillie: I agree. When I started my journey, I was told that people don't realize how much they really eat until they write it all down and track it. Boy was that true. If tracking it for the rest of my life keeps me from Gaining it back, I'm all for it. I think I will always track my steps also.
Quoting TigerofMu:

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2017 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I also found when I "cheat" which means dont count calories that day, I still make much healthier choices. Tomorrow is a "food day" at work. What am I taking? Fresh broccoli and dip, oretzels and roasted red pepper hummus.

Quoting mama2b100808:

I agree! Because now I can't eat what I use to. I get full faster now then I use to. 

Quoting mrswillie: I agree. When I started my journey, I was told that people don't realize how much they really eat until they write it all down and track it. Boy was that true. If tracking it for the rest of my life keeps me from Gaining it back, I'm all for it. I think I will always track my steps also.

Quoting TigerofMu:

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2017 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah that is what I have been doing myself. :) I can't wait to see what I will look like a few months from now. I started in August of 2016 and I can tell a big difference now. And it is great. :) 

Quoting mrswillie: I also found when I "cheat" which means dont count calories that day, I still make much healthier choices. Tomorrow is a "food day" at work. What am I taking? Fresh broccoli and dip, oretzels and roasted red pepper hummus.
Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting TigerofMu:

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2017 at 7:20 PM

Me too

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting TigerofMu:

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2017 at 7:21 PM

I always make something to take when there is food, just in case. That way I always know there is something that I can eat.

Quoting mrswillie: I also found when I "cheat" which means dont count calories that day, I still make much healthier choices. Tomorrow is a "food day" at work. What am I taking? Fresh broccoli and dip, oretzels and roasted red pepper hummus.
Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting TigerofMu:

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2017 at 7:21 PM

Yay!

Quoting mama2b100808:

Oh yeah that is what I have been doing myself. :) I can't wait to see what I will look like a few months from now. I started in August of 2016 and I can tell a big difference now. And it is great. :) 

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting TigerofMu:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)