Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting back on track, time to take off those pesky winter pounds.....

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
After losing over 100 pounds and feeling pretty damn good about myself not to mention being in the best shape of my life the comments started, oh no you're too thin, what's going on with you you don't look good, and my favorite you need to get help I can tell looking at your pictures on FB something is wrong. So now instead of being ashamed of my body for being too big I was feeling self conscious again because someone else decided I was too thin which meant I must have a problem. So I stopped doing what made me feel happy, confident, and healthy to yet again please other's and now here comes summer and I have to diet to get these 10 extra pounds off before I would even think of putting my bikini back on. Just wondering if anyone else has had family body shame you for being overweight and then turn around and accuse you of having an eating disorder on social media mind you because they thought you were too thin. ( I never was underweight by the way just at the lower end of the weight chart for my height )
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:50 PM

I have never been thin, even at my healthiest I was still overweight by the charts standards (that is my goal weight again)

That being said I can't fully comprehend what you are going through but I say that if you KNOW you are healthy then don't let them bring you down.  They might just be jealous that you had the strength (mental and physical!) to get to where you are!  Also people have trouble just being happy for other people, at least it seems these days. 

Way to go on your weight loss and I hope you can get those last 10 you are going for and enjoy your hard work!

NearSeattleMom
by on Mar. 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM

This hasn't happened to me, but I have been noticing a particular well-known Instagrammer who is being attacked for losing "too much" weight now.  She looks fantastic and is healthy and strong but now people are telling her she is too skinny.

You just have to do what makes you happy and confident, like you said.  Ignore the voices.  (Hide them on Facebook, if that's what it takes.)

Good luck and congratulations on your amazing weight loss!

Terpsichore
by Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 9:20 AM

Yeah, I lost a lot of weight after a surgery I had. I was down to 140. Anything below 120 would be underweight for me. At 140 my mother worried. Well, that's what parents do. I showed her some medical info showing my weight was fine.

I'm now overweight at 170ish. Thanks, depression.

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 2:10 PM

I'm sorry.  Yes.  People keep asking me when I'm going to stop losing (I've lost 140 pounds), but they don't even realize I've lost nothing in the last 3 or 4 months, and was actually up ten pounds over Christmas vacation.  I've decided to quit worrying about what they think.  They don't live in my body.  I would like to lose another 10-15 pounds (not sure exactly where I am in that range today), and get to my original final goal.  When I am there, I will reevaluate, and if I think I'm too skinny, or if my blood tests show deficiencies in nutrients, I can come back up a little.  It would much easier to gain a little weight than lose it again!  It's not like I'm 92 pounds and my ribs are poking out, I'm not anorexic, I eat a healthy diet and my nutrient levels are all pretty good (I have always been anemic and take an iron supplement and magnesium), and my health and energy levels are so much better now.  Take care of yourself and don't worry about what they think and say.

nevergiveupmom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2017 at 9:47 AM

First of all congrats on losing the weight! It's tough dealing with people's opinions. If you know you are healthy then just take their concerns and thoughts with a grain of salt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)