Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are on vacation, are you still watching what you eat and making an effort to exercise?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:04 AM
  • 22 Replies

Or is everything out the window and you are just relaxing and enjoying yourself while on vacation?

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:39 AM
My last vacation was Disney world so I definitely got a lot of walking in and I was able to eat a lot of fruit so I was pretty happy about that.
Dzyre1115
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:43 AM
I will have drinks but I never stray food wise, I never eat candy, cake, cookies, etc....or bread, pasta, rice! I only eat meat, fruit and vegetables.
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:44 AM
On vacation, I really don't watch what I eat but I still get regular activity. We are members of Planet Fitness with a black membership so we can use any Planet Fitness. If we are cruising, we opted for the stairs instead of the elevator. I have also used the gym on the cruise ships.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:47 AM
I was on vacation last week at my mom's house. My diet never changed as it has to be strict for medical reasons. I also walked 5 or miles every day except for Friday as all I had was tank tops and shorts and it was 48 degrees.😲
LuLu1001
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Yes....my vacations usualliy involve a lot of time in a bathing suit.

lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:40 AM

I usually don't worry about what I eat. I don't go on vacation often, so it's my time to splurge. We usually go places where we end up doing a lot of walking.

Mom2Minions
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:19 AM
Yes and no. We tend to eat out more on vacation. I try to make healthy choices, but I will splurge if it's something that I know I won't find at home. Our hometown is nothing but chain restaurants so I look forward to finding restaurants that's might not be in our area.
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:48 AM

I have some splurges, but pretty much eat the same.  I may share a dessert or 2 during the week.  I may order things I wouldn't normally eat but just eat less of it and I never eat all of what I am served.  

I would have a few alcoholic drinks which I normally do not have or on rare occasions.  

sanj1213
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:47 AM
I have vacation coming in June so we'all see. My plan is to get some exercise in.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 11, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Always watch what I eat while away & try to exercise :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)