Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working out without it being a workout

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:18 AM
  • 28 Replies
Sometimes I get tired of the same old workout. My usual workouts are going for a three to five mile walk/jog with my husband, going to the gym, using the elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike, free weights, etc.

Sometimes I substitute my workouts for other activities such as push mowing our grass, kayaking, hiking.

Do you ever substitute your workouts with something else?
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:56 AM

Yes I do, when we mow the grass, when we have to stack wood or sometimes when we have to split wood. 

michiganmom116
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:45 AM

I can't stand traditional workouts.  I'd rather be gardening, mowing the lawn, playing volleyball or soccer with kids, swimming or kayaking, riding bike, hiking, etc.  I'm not allowed to do wood anymore or I'd be doing that, too.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:02 AM
I use to split and stack wood also. Now I dtack a ton of pellets at a time.

Quoting othermom:

Yes I do, when we mow the grass, when we have to stack wood or sometimes when we have to split wood. 

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:22 AM
I look at everyday activities as exercise because any movement burns calories so I try to be constantly moving.
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:34 PM

Walking on the beach.  It isn't work and we usually walk 3 miles.  Usually we walk at sunset too.  It never gets old.  

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM
I love walking on the beach. When we went to Myrtle Beach for the week, several mornings I went for a walk/jog.

Quoting atlmom2:

Walking on the beach.  It isn't work and we usually walk 3 miles.  Usually we walk at sunset too.  It never gets old.  

egyptian_mommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM
If I lived at the beach I'd be in such good shape because I'd walk for miles every day. I love it so much.

Quoting atlmom2:

egyptian_mommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:34 PM
When I take the kids to the playground we usually walk there then I end up climbing all over the equipment too. I count that as a workout, especially when you add in lifting ds.
kristin_ad
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM
I've been running seriously for four years.It's not getting old.At times,I don't have the motivation.The world is our playground.You find stuff and make it an exercise and you're doing that which is great! Have you considered running a race?
Azure
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:45 PM

We did a lot of hard physical labor this past weekend and counted that as our workout. I didn't get my walking in today. We had a lot of errands to run that could only be done via the car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)