Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

April 24 - June 3rd My Plan!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:09 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

TODAY I'm starting the 30 day shred. I did it after my 5th and while I didn't see a drastic change, it did heal my "ab gap" and I need that again after #6 lol And the muscle tone was great during my 6th's pregnancy. 

I don't have 30 days in a row to commit to this and if I wait for that, I will never do it! June 3rd we are participating in a Walk for Life for a local crisis pregnancy center. My goal is for that 2 mile walk to be a breeze (esp since I'll probably be wearing my son who will be 20.5 months lol) 

I'm going to print a calendar to keep track too. I will drink more water, only chew food between noon & 8pm, sleep at night, get up earlier, walk with the children more & get them to the park.

I got on the scale this am and I am 186 lbs :( I'm 5'8, my max healthy weight is 164. I was 152 before baby #5, that's my ultimate goal. I got down to 158 before #6. I'd love to be in the 160s again! My baby is 19m old (still nursing lol), it's time!! 

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnmo3bb
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Day 1 of 30 done!! Blah, I'm so out of shape but I toughed through the whole thing! I need a workout mat... going to walk to Target and get one! 

4/25: Day 2 done! I thought it would be harder since I'm sooo sore from yesterday but I didn't wimp out during jumping jacks today!! The workout mat was sooo nice! I should probably take measurements soon. I ate from 3-11pm (eggs, grilled cheese, chili for dinner - skipped chips!)

4/26 is my bday so I might skip but since the baby is sick we're staying home so looks like I might get to do the workout afterall!

Day 3 done! Made me fell better about having cake lol the workout is getting easier & I'm getting in 3 quarts of water during the day & about 1 overnight :)

Day 4-7: it's getting easier!!!! As of May 1st, I'm right on track! Took Saturday off to rest for Sabbath. Fri I was up two lbs so I hope that's muscle! LOL Today it was back off so I'm the same as last week... I feel stronger though and I can do the workout better so yay for progress!!

Days 8, 9 & 10 this week! Level 1 is done!!!! I feel ready for a new challenge! I'm excited but I remember the plank holds in Level 2 being really hard when I did this years ago... because of how challenging this level was then I didn't see much progress... I'm hoping to do better this time since Level 1 was easier (in a way that I was able to keep up, not cheat out)

This blog accurately describes my experience the first time I did it! THis time I'm seeing better results ( I wish I had measured!) because I did change my diet. http://stackedbooks.org/2012/08/30-day-shred-all-you-ever-wanted-to-know.html  

CafeMom Tickers

Azure
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Good luck! The 30 day Shred is in my rotation but I can't handle doing it every day. It kills me. ;)

mnmo3bb
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:14 PM

What else do you do? I did it in 5 weeks last time instead of 30 days in a row (2013 I think - when our 5th was about a year old) 6 days/week so 1 day to rest. I think I'll do that again but we have a 4 day trip and two 1 day trips that might get in the way. 

Quoting Azure:

Good luck! The 30 day Shred is in my rotation but I can't handle doing it every day. It kills me. ;)

CafeMom Tickers

mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:10 PM

Good luck!! 

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:02 PM
That sounds like a great pman! The first 3 days of any new exercise are the hardest! Then it starts to become habit and bearable IMO.
TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Excellent!  shouting

FreyaM
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 10:05 AM
good luck!! I'm actually starting the 30 day shred today. I plan to walk/run most days too. I don't have 30 days in a row to commit either but I'm going to do my best.
timon95
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:16 AM

Good Luck! Sounds like a good plan

Azure
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Quoting mnmo3bb:

What else do you do? I did it in 5 weeks last time instead of 30 days in a row (2013 I think - when our 5th was about a year old) 6 days/week so 1 day to rest. I think I'll do that again but we have a 4 day trip and two 1 day trips that might get in the way. 

Quoting Azure:

I take three walks a day outside. I'm trying to get back into the rotation of a Jillian Michael's dvd and then a yoga dvd. The walking dvd's are for my lazy days or if I can't get outside due to the weather.

johnny4ever
by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:26 PM

Awesome!Good Luck to you.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

Day 1 of 30 done!! Blah, I'm so out of shape but I toughed through the whole thing! I need a workout mat... going to walk to Target and get one! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)