Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Track

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:50 PM
  • 16 Replies
Have you ever looked into using your local high school track when it is not being used by the school? Some allow the public to use it.
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:52 PM
Yes. Public here is allowed to use the track, wellness center and gym when not in use by a class or team.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Our county just posted on FB that all school tracks are closed to the public now.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 12:11 AM

Use to use it often ... loved it too :)

sickpupmom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 8:39 AM

We have a public track near our community center plus a track around the middle school for the community to use. We have a membership to the center so I can run on the indoor track in the winter or when it's raining. I'm sure they'd let you use the high school track if you wanted to. We have an awesome park and school district that puts physical fitness as a priority. We're pretty lucky for a small town.

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Our local school is closed because of a gas leak and may reopen next fall.  It is open to the public when it is open.  They have open gym every week too (when the school is open).

timon95
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 10:48 AM

I have thought about it. The highschool is a 2min drive from my house. It's also perfect for the kids to ride their bikes around

coala
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:16 AM

Most of our tracks are behind locked gates.  The schools get closed up tight with the last janitor leaves for the night.

virginiamama71
by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:51 AM
I walk at the elementary school across from my house. The middle and high school is 10 miles away.
egyptian_mommy
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 4:57 PM
No, I've never looked into it. There's actually a high school behind my neighborhood but I've never even thought about it.
mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 10:35 PM

No, since when I go for my walks it is early in the morning or much later at night. Plus it would take me 30 mins or more to get to a high school with a track

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)