Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Sams Italian Salad Dressing and Marinade

Posted by on May. 8, 2017 at 8:05 AM
  • 11 Replies
When my husband and I were in Myrtle Beach last November we went to a flea market. There was an older gentleman selling salad dressing he had made called Big Sam's Italian salad dressing and marinade. He was giving away samples and we tried it and loved it. One serving only has two and a half calories. We bought a couple bottles and we use it a lot on grilled chicken breast sandwiches. He gave his card with the email address to reorder. When I went to reorder the email address is no longer good and it seems that other people have looked for him also and no one can find him.

I hate finding something I like and not being able to get it anymore. I did look at the ingredients on the label and I found out the base of it is red wine vinegar. It has no oil in it. I went online looking for similar recipes and I found a couple. I'm going to try my hand at making it.

Has something like this ever happened to you?
by on May. 8, 2017 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2017 at 11:02 PM

Yes, we had it happen for a BBQ sauce that DH loved.

lalasmama2007
by on May. 8, 2017 at 11:14 PM

No, not that I recall. Good luck finding a replacement!

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2017 at 12:48 AM

No, but I hope you're able to recreate the recipe!  Please share if you do! :)

mrswillie
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2017 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I will. I am going shopping for the ingredients this weekend.

Quoting TigerofMu:

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Oh now I am excited!

Quoting mrswillie: I will. I am going shopping for the ingredients this weekend.
Quoting TigerofMu:

timon95
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2017 at 10:42 PM

Maybe he got some bad reviews or just couldn't keep up with the demand. That's too bad. Good luck on recreating it.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 12, 2017 at 2:27 AM

Hate when that happens,
Sorry about that :)

Quoting mrswillie: When my husband and I were in Myrtle Beach last November we went to a flea market. There was an older gentleman selling salad dressing he had made called Big Sam's Italian salad dressing and marinade. He was giving away samples and we tried it and loved it. One serving only has two and a half calories. We bought a couple bottles and we use it a lot on grilled chicken breast sandwiches. He gave his card with the email address to reorder. When I went to reorder the email address is no longer good and it seems that other people have looked for him also and no one can find him. I hate finding something I like and not being able to get it anymore. I did look at the ingredients on the label and I found out the base of it is red wine vinegar. It has no oil in it. I went online looking for similar recipes and I found a couple. I'm going to try my hand at making it. Has something like this ever happened to you?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 12, 2017 at 2:28 AM

WE have as well & it's frustrating :(

sanj1213
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2017 at 1:39 PM
Oh I'm going to myrtle beach next month. I'll have to look for the flea market.
othermom
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2017 at 2:38 PM

Yes I have, but mine was with a certain flavor of ghiredeli chocolate I found one year when we were on vacation. It was a mint chocolate and I have never found it since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)