Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes please

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:41 AM
  • 23 Replies
I'm trying to eat healthy...loose weight....I'm stuck...need ideas of what to cook/eat...I have chicken...veggies. ..water...fruit....help please...this is the hard part of loosing weight.
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:51 AM
Pinterest has a lot of great recipes! I make a skinny cheeseburger soup so good. Doesnt have to be all bland chicken.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:52 AM
Crockpot will be a life saver too..Veggies chicken chicken stock
Azure
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:25 AM

I recently got a vegetarian crock pot book, except it turned out not to just be slow-cooker recipes. Actually I think less than half of all the recipes are slow-cooker, so that was a huge disappointment. Right now I'm more into watching portion sizes than anything else. What kind of recipes are you looking for? What's your favorite kind of food?

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM

A crock pot can really help. We did shredded chicken tacos the other day. We cooked the chicken in the crockpot for a few hours with chicken boulion and some seasoning, shredded it when it was done with the hand mixer.  Then had pico on the side for my husband and girls, tomatos and lettuce for my son and I. Added fat free refied beans. It was a healthy tasty meal

goddess99
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:27 PM
I agree with checking Pinterest, I have gotten so many great recipes over the years.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Eat mostly veggies.  LIke 75% of your plate.  Crispy kale is great, grilled asparagus, popcorn cauliflower, baked broccoli, steamed veggies, salads, stir fry.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:01 PM

Mobile Photo

Last nights dinner...grilled zucchini, yellow squash, onions and tomatoes with seasoned red wine vinegar over rice. Yummy. Dh also had mushrooms and green peppers in his.
cherylmoore
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:36 PM
2 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts in crockpot with a jar of salsa. I do this weekly and this is what I have for lunch every day. pair with half cup brown rice and any green veg
egyptian_mommy
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Chicken stir fry and chicken and veggie kabobs are 2 good ones. Tasty and a great way to fit veggies in.
mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:00 PM

I go to Pinterest for ideas. My crock pot is a lifesaver for me. We did a shredded chicken and made open face sandwiches. I made glutin free bread so it was a huge hit here. Some used BBQ sauce, others like my dd, kept it plain. I made a gravy to go with mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)