Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ninja blender

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

We were given a ninja blender and I was wondering if anyone has one and knows of any good recipes for it. We haven't tried it out yet and I am not sure what to make. We have a lot f fruit on hand right now and some veggies, but I would love an idea of what to add to make it taste good. 

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:40 AM

I love my Ninja. It will take on anything.  We make smoothies all the time, but it handles soups, sauces, whole fruits, whatever you throw at it.  I love adding spinach.  I found this link: http://www.ninjakitchen.com/recipes/

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:01 PM

I love making smoothies.  Like banana, date and berries with any kind of milk.  Or, a little kale with banana and orange.  Way better than it sounds.  Dates are great for adding sweetness.

Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I just bought a ninja. I make strawberry/banana smoothies with vanilla protein powder. My base recipe is ice, scoop of powder, little bit of fat free milk, one banana and a handful of frozen strawberries.

I'll sub Greek yogurt, apple or orange juice or even lemonade for the milk sometimes depending on what's in my fridge.

I'll also toss a nectarine in if I have some really ripe ones on hand.

I tried a green smoothie once and it didn't work out.
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM
Fresh fruit smoothies are great.
othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:44 PM

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: I just bought a ninja. I make strawberry/banana smoothies with vanilla protein powder. My base recipe is ice, scoop of powder, little bit of fat free milk, one banana and a handful of frozen strawberries. I'll sub Greek yogurt, apple or orange juice or even lemonade for the milk sometimes depending on what's in my fridge. I'll also toss a nectarine in if I have some really ripe ones on hand. I tried a green smoothie once and it didn't work out.

That sounds good

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TigerofMu:

I love my Ninja. It will take on anything.  We make smoothies all the time, but it handles soups, sauces, whole fruits, whatever you throw at it.  I love adding spinach.  I found this link: http://www.ninjakitchen.com/recipes/

Thanks I will check the site out

johnny4ever
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM

Been thinking about getting one.

mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have one.

But what is the difference between a Ninja and a regular blender?

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:13 PM

Quoting mamamedic69:

I don't have one.

But what is the difference between a Ninja and a regular blender?

I am really not sure. The ninja has two sets of blades at different levels so I guess if cuts stuff up better

Jadegirl1819
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

The Ninja is one of my favorite kitchen tools.  So worth the money

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)