Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too hot to exercise

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:08 PM
  • 40 Replies

No AC, nowhere nearby with AC, no swimming pools nearby. I'm sitting out. I'll try and do yoga tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. I think we're in for a brutal summer. :(

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:54 PM

Where are you located? 

I am in Florida and I try and get my walks/workout in before 9am. We have already been in the mid 90s and we haven't even hit summer yet.

Azure
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:10 PM

Quoting mamamedic69:

Where are you located? 

I am in Florida and I try and get my walks/workout in before 9am. We have already been in the mid 90s and we haven't even hit summer yet.

I'm in MN. Yesterday was 92. Today was 89. :( We start feeling hot around 70 degrees, so this is really horrible for us.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:18 PM

That does make it really hard. we use a lot of fans at our house, we do turn on our AC occasionally. Is there a mall to walk around in? It gets really hot here in the summer, we try to do our walks by 8am

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:17 PM

That stinks! We've been cooler than usual. We're normally in the low to mid 80's this time of year, but we've been in the low 70's.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 7:54 AM
Early morning or late evening!
Azure
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:41 AM

Quoting Hannahsmommy816: Early morning or late evening!

Going to have to be early morning. It's still hot past my bedtime. ;)

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:41 AM

The best thing is to do it early morning or late evenings. Also During the day try not to use your stove. :) Make easy lunches. 

coala
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:58 AM

I'm in Fl too.  We have been seeing the upper 90's since late early May.  I try to get my walks and rides in before 9 am.  Otherwise you have to wait until after dark.

Quoting mamamedic69:

Where are you located? 

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:13 AM

I am in AZ...talk about hot. It was 102 last night at 7pm. I can go for a long walk when the sun goes down even if its hot but last night no way. I have a gym membership so yesterday after breakfast I did a nice lng workout at the gym.

We also have a huge mall about 15 min away so I sometimes just go to the mall and walk around. It is a great way to get steps in.

If you have no mall close by then go for walks in the early am or when the sun goes down. I bet its mice then. I see people walking as early as 530am here when its around 80. It just gets too hot here to do much outside.

Azure
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:25 AM

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I am in AZ...talk about hot. It was 102 last night at 7pm. I can go for a long walk when the sun goes down even if its hot but last night no way. I have a gym membership so yesterday after breakfast I did a nice lng workout at the gym.

We also have a huge mall about 15 min away so I sometimes just go to the mall and walk around. It is a great way to get steps in.

If you have no mall close by then go for walks in the early am or when the sun goes down. I bet its mice then. I see people walking as early as 530am here when its around 80. It just gets too hot here to do much outside.

I would literally die in those temps. I'm not exaggerating or using the word literally in the wrong sense. I got heat exhaustion after being in the garden for hours a couple weekends ago. It was 80 something then. Heat and I do not get along. I am a winter girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)