Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Copperhead

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:58 AM
  • 29 Replies
We took the kids to a park near the river where they could ride their bikes while dh and I ran. We ecountered our first copperhead slithering on the path. Cool to watch but a reminder of what sometimes lurks in the area.

Long ago, a derr jumped out so close to me while running.

What critters do you need to be aware of while exercising where you live?
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:14 AM

There was a raccoon waddling across the road the other am on my bike ride, made me think of rabies.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:27 AM

Yikes . .have seen small snakes here as well :(

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:49 AM

We have rattlers.  There are also thankfully lots of bull snakes though, and we encounter them more often.  They keep the mice and rattlesnake populations under control.

kimie54
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

We are rural, so I can see most anything, although usually nothing dangerous. We saw a chipmunk yesterday. We have beautiful horses as neighbors.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a black bear in our arearihhy now. Also coyote, fox, deer, copperhead, rattlesnake.
yvonne37
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:58 AM

not many here.. but i had two deers in my backyard the other day lol :)

yvonne37
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

now when we do to the camp there is lots of wild life.  we usually encounter small animals but the last time we saw a mamma bear with two cubs! :)  and i woke up early to see the sun rise and an owl flew right by me.. it was majestic!

coala
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM

Mostly mosquitos.

frogs on the bike path, squirrels that can't figure out which way they should go when a bike or skater is coming at them.  Then there are the stick ninja's that will take you in a second.  My SO is still messed up from a year ago where he tripped over a stick and had a 16 yo teammate fall on top of him.  He was more worried about her, but he had pretty severe injuries that required a trip to the ER.

virginiamama71
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:28 PM
We see foxes, deer, snakes, possums, raccoons and hear the bobcat in the woods.
lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:16 PM

There have been bear sightings in my township over the past few weeks. This morning we saw a fox playing in the field behind our property. We get snakes, deer, raccoons, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)