Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a hard time making time for workouts

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:55 AM
  • 23 Replies

When do you do your workouts? 

Morning after getting DD on the bus was my time, before DH came home from work. But now that summer's here, I'm having difficulty getting that workout in in the morning (sleeping later & just lack of schedule). I've switched it to later in the afternoon, but that's not always possible.

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:38 AM
I exercise during my lunch break at work. We get an hour and I split it in two half hour breaks. The first one I do 15 minutes of cardio. I have a small pedal bicye or I walk/jog around the building. The next 15 minutes I do CORE exercises from various planks, belly dancing moves and standing ab exercises. The second one, I do another 15 minutes of cardio and then either lower or upper body workouts and I switch to a new move every minute typically doing 30 seconds of each minute regularly and then the next 30 seconds of the minute as negatives. After work, I will usually got for a walk and/or swim for an hour or 2.
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Youb have to make time. I get up when dh leaves and do it.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:53 AM

Do your best to make that time for you,
Mornings if at all possible . .good luck :)

momof2555
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:55 AM

same here! i barely have worked out this summer! ugh! i try to do at least small work outs if i can at night while i am watching my recorded shows. it sure is hard though to fit it in during the summers with so many plans with the kids.

mikesmom65270
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:33 PM

It's hard sometimes, but find a time and stick to it, no matter what. On the 3 days a week we go to the gym, husband and I go together and encourage each other. On the off days, I do stuff at home and do better if I work out first thing in the morning before I get tired or anything else happens.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:25 PM

I have that issue to sometimes, but my kids are a little older and can stay hom. What works for us is we get iup earlier and do the walk from about 6:30-7:30 before we have to take our son to weights

sanj1213
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess you can go over your schedule and find a spot in there to fit in a workout. Even if it's for 15-20 min.
Azure
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:57 PM

I try to get them done early in the morning during the summers because if it gets too hot I can't/won't do them.

mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:41 PM

Early morning since it gets hot here early too.

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 2:02 AM

I have to do it in the morning, or I don't get it done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)