Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gaining weight.

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2017 at 2:46 AM
  • 22 Replies

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this community and I've been looking for advice to keep myself healthy. I work from home and my work is mostly online based. Hence, it's getting difficult for me to excercise regularly. I also happen to eat too much of junk these days as I just pick up something in between work. Hence, in this bust schedule, could anyone tell me how can I find ways to keep my self fit, cause I've been gaining a lot of weight lately.

by on Jul. 26, 2017 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jul. 26, 2017 at 3:10 AM

You have to think that every movement burns calories so just keep the idea of "always be moving" in your head, even while seated at your desk.  Even though you work from home, I am sure you take some breaks as well, so go for a walk, swim, etc.  At the start of the week, cook a bunch of chicken breasts and make a large salad.  The chicken you can eat on the salad, eat on a sandwich, eat in some pasta, eat with a side of steamed veggies.  Overall, you should look into eating clean aka reduce the processed foods in your diet to include the junk foods, bread, rice and pasta.  Best to stick with low glycemic fruit and veggies as well.

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2017 at 6:46 AM

When you go to get something to eat, Make sure it is healthy. Fruit, peanuts, something that will satisfy your mood at that moment and not junk. 

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2017 at 6:54 AM
It's really 80% eating healthy and 20% exercise. I lost over 50 pounds and have kept it off for more than 2 years. I track everything I eat through my fitness pal. I always have healthy snacks in our house.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2017 at 7:43 AM

can you use a pedal thing under the desk if you sit down..?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:19 AM

How about buying more healthy snacks,
Hang in there & best of luck :)

Azure
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:45 AM

Welcome! I do best with walking, home exercise videos, and finding healthy snacks I enjoy. Frozen grapes are a favorite.

Terpsichore
by Member on Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Similarly, I overeat while sitting in front of a computer much of the day. I second the free website and free app MyFitnessPal. A few constant advisements I've seen to help curb overeating is to keep a food journal and to drink more water. MyFitnessPal is basically an online food journal, and for someone who is on the computer much of the day, I find it pretty simple to log what I eat. Especially sometimes I choose to eat less processed foods because it can be more difficult to log them.

For exercise, everyone's different. Why not try something for a few weeks and see if it'll work for you. For some, it is going to bed with their jogging outfit on and having their shoes right by their bed so that it's easier to go for a morning walk/jog than to not. For some, it is joining a local gym because the presence of other people is a motivator. For some, Wii Fit board or Kinect dance video games work because they are fun. For some, videos on the tv or computer because they are easy to access, and there are so many, like quick exercises one can do at one's desk.

Trouser.Mouse
by on Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:54 AM
Do you accept friends on myfitnesspal? I'm going to start using it and need some accountability.

Quoting mrswillie: It's really 80% eating healthy and 20% exercise. I lost over 50 pounds and have kept it off for more than 2 years. I track everything I eat through my fitness pal. I always have healthy snacks in our house.
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2017 at 11:26 AM
I can, just let me know when you are on it. It has been essential for me losing and keeping it off. I have come tothe conclusion I will always have to track my eating.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Do you accept friends on myfitnesspal? I'm going to start using it and need some accountability.

Quoting mrswillie: It's really 80% eating healthy and 20% exercise. I lost over 50 pounds and have kept it off for more than 2 years. I track everything I eat through my fitness pal. I always have healthy snacks in our house.
Trouser.Mouse
by on Jul. 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM
I'm on there. I just need to start using it consistently. I'll send you the email that I'm logged under.

Quoting mrswillie: I can, just let me know when you are on it. It has been essential for me losing and keeping it off. I have come tothe conclusion I will always have to track my eating.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Do you accept friends on myfitnesspal? I'm going to start using it and need some accountability.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)