Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I joined weight watchers tonight

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2017 at 12:15 AM
  • 11 Replies

anyone doing this?

**We're wanting more admin for our Time Out for You group,

If interested send me a PM :)

by on Sep. 8, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Sep. 8, 2017 at 3:28 AM

Nah, I know what I need to do and just need to keep doing it.

tsatske2
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2017 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

WW is the only plan that has ever really worked for me. I'm not doing it right now because I can't afford it, and my current medicine cocktail means I will gain weight regardless, which is depressing. But when I get the meds and the money under better control I will probably do it again. It works for me because tell me I can never eat something again and damn sure I will want it for every meal. WW says I can eat anything I want if I account for it. So I have to decide if it's worth it - but sometimes it is, and I eat what I want, other times I make better choices. But as I said in a post on MC, if I want a big mac (which I never do, not that big a fan or McD's, using that as an example because of its high point count') I can have it, and just have salad and fruit for dinner to make up for it. I probably wouldn't want to make that trade off very often, but every now and then, it might be worth it. It's so much more sensible to me than telling me I can never have ice cream again, which just doesn't work for me. I gave up McDs mochas because they are so high point. I have an occasionally Starbucks sugar free with coconut milk instead. The Starbucks here has sugar free mocha, which is awesome. Love my chocolate. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 10, 2017 at 11:59 PM

Nope. I signed up for a program called Omada that was free through my insurance. In addition, I'm counting calories and tracking activity (i.e. calories burned) and sleep. 

captainjack
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:36 PM

What you doing?

Quoting MixedCooke:

Nah, I know what I need to do and just need to keep doing it.

captainjack
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:38 PM

How it going?

Quoting Barabell:

Nope. I signed up for a program called Omada that was free through my insurance. In addition, I'm counting calories and tracking activity (i.e. calories burned) and sleep. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Really good. The program focuses on making healthy habits (nutrition, exercise, reducing stress) instead of a diet, per se. Each week has a different lesson, and I have my own health coach. You also have support from other members going through the program too. The lessons also incorporate forgiving yourself for missteps instead of having an all-or-nothing attitude towards getting healthier.

I think changing habits for me is key to implementing change. My work schedule fluctuates a lot, and I have been making healthier choices even when I am having stressful weeks/months, which is usually my downfall. 

I'm 18 weeks into the program, and I've lost 10% of my body weight. 

Quoting captainjack:

How it going?

Quoting Barabell:

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:45 PM

How is WW going so far? 

captainjack
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

So far so good thanks

Quoting Barabell:

How is WW going so far? 

Ashgambit
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:36 AM
I've tried it before. It worked for me, but I quit trying it. I'm doing something different and it's working for me. I did a sugar detox and in following the maintenance period. It's working really well.
captainjack
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:38 PM

What is that like?

Quoting Ashgambit: I've tried it before. It worked for me, but I quit trying it. I'm doing something different and it's working for me. I did a sugar detox and in following the maintenance period. It's working really well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)