Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Ever Try Nutrisystem?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm thinking I need to be on a commercial diet, as I'm looking for more structure. 

I'm considering trying the nutrisystem diet, although it seems expensive. 

Apparently you also have to commit to at least a couple months, so you can't just try it out for 2 weeks. 

From what I researched, seems like the meals are all prepared and mailed once a month. The reviews are mostly good. However, I'd rather eat at restaurants (also expensive) than boxed, prepared food. 

(Which is a big part of my problem, as restaurant food is salty and high in calories) 

Anyway, now I'm doing reseach to compare it to WW, which I tried briefly a few years ago, and fell off the wagon. 

Maybe I need to try WW meetings for inspiration, but that is kind of costly too.

Any opinions of nutrisystem based on experience? - Missy

by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2Minions
by Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I tried NutriSystem about ten years ago. I got tired of eating boxed foods. Also, they suggest salads and fruits and vegetables along with the meals, so you'd have to buy extra groceries.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom has lost on Jenny Craig before, which I am assuming is similar but more expensive. Not even sure if it is still around? She has been successful on it. She is usually a normal weight, but has used Jenny Craig (2x, about a decade apart) when she has noticed gains over the years to return back to a normal weight. She normally eats very healthy with reasonable portions, and so she did not need a diet that fixed long term habits, if that makes sense.

Ashgambit
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I've tried nutrisystem. The bas thing is if you don't like one of the foods, but you've ordered it in large quantities thinking you might like it, you're SOL. I did lose about 20 lbs in one month. But you also habe to add in fruit and dairy so it's more expensive than you may think, having to add in to supplement. I wouldn't do it again.
cherylw993
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I tried and I did lose weight, but it was very expensive. I also find it funny when the commercials say you do not have to weigh or count foods, because you do. With ever meal, you have to add a supplement, such as a protein, a dairy or a fruit or veggie. 

MaganWiggins17
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 9:49 AM

I did it along time ago and lost weight.....it is super expensive though

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:10 AM

JC and Nutrisystem both work. As far as the cost, if you eat out alot it will cost about the same or less. If you need something to jump start your weight loss for a month or 2 then do it. You can actually buy NS at Walmart now.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)