Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel when you watch My 600 lb. Life?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
??
by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:16 PM

I've only see clips and never the whole show.  However, I feel mixed emotions.  I feel bad that the person got to this point in his/her life.  They can't be happy about their situation.  However, I also feel kinda grossed out.  But I also feel grateful that, while I would like to be not overweight, at least I am still able to hike, bike, and move freely about this world.

kimie54
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 5:32 PM

It kind of depends on which person they have on. I really feel for the ones who have been sexually abused, which seems to be a big percentage of them.

sickpupmom
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:38 PM
I get angry at their loved ones. Seems either through abuse or negligence they either created the situation or fed into it. They never make their weight loss easy either, undermining any of their progress.
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 9:27 PM
Really shocked at the family members!

I also can't imagine a life like that. I've been blessed in life with no trauma and have empathy for their situations but still have trouble imagining abusing my body to that degree.
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Sep. 27, 2017 at 8:40 PM

I've never watched it.  Being a person who was over 300 in the past I know how hard it is to be heavier and I just wish they would all have the strength to better themselves-one way or another.

littlepinkrose
by on Sep. 27, 2017 at 8:41 PM
Relieved I am not overweight. And how sad when a family does not change for the biggest one.
kimie54
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Have you noticed, that some of the family members are also overweight. Some are probably classified as obese even, yet they are sitting there like they have no problem at all.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Really shocked at the family members! I also can't imagine a life like that. I've been blessed in life with no trauma and have empathy for their situations but still have trouble imagining abusing my body to that degree.

newwifenmom
by Member on Oct. 9, 2017 at 10:51 AM

sad

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2017 at 8:01 PM
What bothers me is how much they realize that food is killing them and yet still give it to them, further enabling their poor eating habits!

Quoting kimie54:

Have you noticed, that some of the family members are also overweight. Some are probably classified as obese even, yet they are sitting there like they have no problem at all.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Really shocked at the family members!

I also can't imagine a life like that. I've been blessed in life with no trauma and have empathy for their situations but still have trouble imagining abusing my body to that degree.

ChoosingMe
by ChoosingMe on Oct. 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM

Me and my daughter watch these shows they make me wonder how did you get that big and did you not realize that you were getting bigger or did you not care. I mean everyone struggles but it just scares me and make me work out that much harder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)