Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are these healthy?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I mean, I know they don't have nutritional value, but are they alright for a lowish carb diet. I'm not trying to go extreme, just cut back. These say they only have 7 carbs a piece and I usually will eat about two.

I put on them refried beans, lettuce, Mexican cream, onions, and a bit of Mexican hot sauce. They are delicious, and I'm wondering if I can still lose weight while eating them.
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:44 PM
I'm gonna go with no. There is zero fiber. I am not an expert by any means but 7g of carbs and 6g of fat for ONE serving seems high to me.
NovemberMommy16
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:49 PM
I've been off the low carb bandwagon for so long that I didn't even think about the fiber content, which is none. These things are delicious, but maybe better off as an occasional snack.

I just wish they sold smaller packages.

Quoting anotherandree: I'm gonna go with no. There is zero fiber. I am not an expert by any means but 7g of carbs and 6g of fat for ONE serving seems high to me.
anotherandree
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:52 PM
The things you put on them sound tasty, so maybe try a whole wheat tortilla?

Quoting NovemberMommy16: I've been off the low carb bandwagon for so long that I didn't even think about the fiber content, which is none. These things are delicious, but maybe better off as an occasional snack.

Quoting anotherandree: I'm gonna go with no. There is zero fiber. I am not an expert by any means but 7g of carbs and 6g of fat for ONE serving seems high to me.
kmrtigger
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Can you break it in half and make it two pieces. Tricking you into thinking you had two whole ones. That would be less carbs.
NovemberMommy16
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:17 PM
I always do break them in half anyways, because they are huge. But I do need to try to limit them to just one. They are just, so good though. They sell them all over Mexico at food stands, but I like the ones I make at home better.

Quoting kmrtigger: Can you break it in half and make it two pieces. Tricking you into thinking you had two whole ones. That would be less carbs.
NovemberMommy16
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:19 PM
I haven't been able to stand the flavor of them lately. Maybe I can find a thinner wrap that tastes better.

I love these things but have to drive into the city for them anyways. So I don't have them often.

Quoting anotherandree: The things you put on them sound tasty, so maybe try a whole wheat tortilla?

Quoting NovemberMommy16: I've been off the low carb bandwagon for so long that I didn't even think about the fiber content, which is none. These things are delicious, but maybe better off as an occasional snack.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:38 PM

No, it is refined wheat (not whole wheat) with no fiber. If you are doing low carb, your body will most likely treat it like sugar. IMO, I would rather have something actually sweet than a piece of bread in that situation. If you want bread/chips, get something that has whole grains/fiber in it to make it a healthy snack.

Aside, not every single thing you eat needs to be healthy, but at least 80%+ of your calories should attempt to be. 

evilbitch_1970
by Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:39 PM

i'm gonna say no good. they don't have anything good in them at all...

RebeccaMcGrane
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:43 AM

The ratio between carbs/fats/protein does not work for weight loss. 

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 12:41 PM

No. try the Extreme Wellness wraps. They are low carb and have fiber.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)