Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Instant Pot

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

I've been wanting one, but they are almost $100 most places. I saw this great deal this morning, and ordered one. Free shipping, and two codes, that make it under $67. Plus, you can get 3% cashback from ebates.

https://clarkdeals.com/home-kitchen/instant-pot-6-quart-7-in-1-pressure-cooker-for-kohls-cardholders/?utm_campaign=trueanthem%3A+trending+content&utm_content=59e5d4ae19694a0006b705c1&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook

by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
anotherandree
by Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I can honestly say we use ours nearly everyday. I make my own yogurt, something I never thought I would do. Seriously, it's awesome. Plus, there are alot of freezer meals for the Instant Pot which is great. It doesn't need to be defrosted, just throw and go. Plus, we do "pot-in-pot" where we can steam veggies or cook rice while something else is cooking.

I could go on and on!
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:56 AM
What’s the difference between that and a crock pot? Is it like a convection oven or like a pressure cooker or what???
kimie54
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:28 PM

It can be used as a slow cooker or a pressure cooker, a steamer, and also a rice cooker.

Quoting MixedCooke: What’s the difference between that and a crock pot? Is it like a convection oven or like a pressure cooker or what???

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 17, 2017 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a different brand of electric pressure cooker, but they're all similar.  LOVE it!  As a working mom I can have healthy meals on the table pretty quickly.

anotherandree
by Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:12 PM

I will say that I have had nothing but epic failures using it as a slow cooker.  The only burner is at the bottom so the food cooks very unevenly, for me, burning to the bottom and not really getting cooked on top.

Quoting kimie54:

It can be used as a slow cooker or a pressure cooker, a steamer, and also a rice cooker.

Quoting MixedCooke: What’s the difference between that and a crock pot? Is it like a convection oven or like a pressure cooker or what???

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We love ours!  We can even can in it!

Trouser.Mouse
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:33 PM
We have a different brand, but use that thing nearly every day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)