Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you your own worst enemy when it comes to your weight?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

I get how women wouldn’t like for their SO to mention that they should lose weight but it’s better than them enabling you and acting as though you don’t have a weight problem. Ugh! I’m my own worst enemy when I get in the mood to bake!

I was dying to try out the donut pan/baked donuts (chocolate mocha dark chocolate chip glazed cake donuts) and my hubby wanted guava pastries.
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Terpsichore
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:06 PM

Those look good.

My own DH is supportive of whatever I do. I want to pig out? He doesn't judge. I want to start lifting weights? He'll come to Bodypump classes with me. My worst enemies are sweets and chips. A little bit of sugar makes me crave more, so I'm usually better off not having sweets in the first place. I enjoy baking chocolate chip cookies, sometimes so much that baking them satisfies a craving without actually eating any.

kristin_ad
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:08 PM
I'm with Terpischore.Sweets and chips are my kryptonite also.That's why I don't bake much because I will end up eating the leftovers.The bakery aisle is the first thing I go to when grocery shopping but knowing that diabetes runs in the family is my motivation not to buy. That and gaining weight.It's easy to gain and tough to lose so have to be careful.I still eat sweets and chips though not all the time like I used to.
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:11 PM
My trick with the baking aisle is I refuse to buy what I can bake myself. I try and bake things that don’t call to me but guava pastries would be my choice for a last meal!

Quoting kristin_ad: I'm with Terpischore.Sweets and chips are my kryptonite also.That's why I don't bake much because I will end up eating the leftovers.The bakery aisle is the first thing I go to when grocery shopping but knowing that diabetes runs in the family is my motivation not to buy. That and gaining weight.It's easy to gain and tough to lose so have to be careful.I still eat sweets and chips though not all the time like I used to.
kristin_ad
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:23 PM
I actually prefer buying.It seems like what other people bake tastes better than mine.Those guava pastries look yummy! I miss eating guavas.

Quoting MixedCooke: My trick with the baking aisle is I refuse to buy what I can bake myself. I try and bake things that don’t call to me but guava pastries would be my choice for a last meal!

Quoting kristin_ad: I'm with Terpischore.Sweets and chips are my kryptonite also.That's why I don't bake much because I will end up eating the leftovers.The bakery aisle is the first thing I go to when grocery shopping but knowing that diabetes runs in the family is my motivation not to buy. That and gaining weight.It's easy to gain and tough to lose so have to be careful.I still eat sweets and chips though not all the time like I used to.
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:19 PM
I have a tree but it keeps getting worms in them!

Quoting kristin_ad: I actually prefer buying.It seems like what other people bake tastes better than mine.Those guava pastries look yummy! I miss eating guavas.

Quoting MixedCooke: My trick with the baking aisle is I refuse to buy what I can bake myself. I try and bake things that don’t call to me but guava pastries would be my choice for a last meal!

kidmom581
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:43 PM

Well, you seem to be on the right track with weightloss plan. However, if you have found yourself at a "stand still" with your weight loss, you may also want to up your exercise routine, moreover, drink Mummy magic weight loss tea to lose weight while maintaining your metabolism!!

kristin_ad
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM
That's nice! I can't grow anything even if I try.I have to use fake pumpkins for decoration because squirrels would eat the real ones.I have a bird feeder and who eats the seeds but the chipmunks.They even dig at my flower beds.I give up,lol!

Quoting MixedCooke: I have a tree but it keeps getting worms in them!

Quoting kristin_ad: I actually prefer buying.It seems like what other people bake tastes better than mine.Those guava pastries look yummy! I miss eating guavas.

kimie54
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 5:39 PM

I like to bake muffins with a protein mix. They aren't too high in sugar, but sweet enough, to satisfy.

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Oct. 23, 2017 at 5:15 AM

OMG my poor dog gets his food stolen from the blue Jays and the toads.  I raised his bowl (to make it easier for him to eat) but the toads were still jumping up into his bowl, so I had to raise it even higher!  Now he just seems to leave the food outside for them and I feed him indoors!  LOL

Quoting kristin_ad: That's nice! I can't grow anything even if I try.I have to use fake pumpkins for decoration because squirrels would eat the real ones.I have a bird feeder and who eats the seeds but the chipmunks.They even dig at my flower beds.I give up,lol!
Quoting MixedCooke: I have a tree but it keeps getting worms in them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)