Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Staying focused

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2017 at 1:53 PM
  • 2 Replies
Tips on how to stay focused while dieting and working out to shed the fat. How do you handle going out to restaurants with family and choosing the healthiest things on the menu while everyone else is eating comfort food?!?! Tips please!
by on Nov. 11, 2017 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 5:39 PM

I have an extremely hard time with this.  I'd like to see some ideas as well.  My issue is that everything in my life is hard, busy, etc....and I just want to say "F*&$ it!" and eat whatever.

Terpsichore
by Member on Nov. 15, 2017 at 7:44 PM

There's a restaurant we like to go to that serves everything fresh. I'll eat the "small" salad, which is two cups of fresh veggies with a sprinkling of shredded cheese. It's astoundingly delicious and I don't add dressing. The bacon and spinach salad is also wonderful, with real bacon flavoring the salad better than dressing. I stick to drinking water and/or coffee.

My biggest challenge comes every other Saturday night when we get together with friends to play games. There's a lot of junk food there: soda, beer, cookies, chips (my weakness), etc. I can't NOT snack; it's too hard. I deal with it by bringing a full bag of kettle popcorn and gum to keep my jaw occupied. I stick to water and/or coffee for drinks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)